Xplore Caravans

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone bought one of the Xplore caravans, if so what do you think of the finishings on it.

We bought a 474 at the end of year at a good discounted price as it was well past touring season.

Once we got it home and had a really good look at everything. we discovered the curtains are very badly finished off, and they are the first curtains that are unlined. The fabric is like a brown sacking fabric.The ends are not sewn away and the hems are fraying at a touch

We contacted the dealer, only to be told the same kind of curtains would be replaced so that is no use to us.

I am going to contact the makers and see how on earth this bad curtain making got passed the final expection with the maker.

My wife had to go out and buy new fabric and we now have them made up and lined.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Tom

I think it's all down to cost and the level at which a manufacturer pitches the price. Obviously savings have to be made somewhere. Anyway sounds like your wife has done the business with the new curtains.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
we got our xplore 546 last april, and was very happy untill one night whilst out side having a "fresh air" break i noticed a large paint repair on the back panel under the street lighting. once inspected in the day light and sober it was about 1 ft x 2 ft, the dealer sorted it but explorer group denied all knowedge and dragged their feet authorising the repair.

after looking at the other "base model" vans in the market xplore is better than most but customer service is shocking.

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
we got our xplore 546 last april, and was very happy untill one night whilst out side having a "fresh air" break i noticed a large paint repair on the back panel under the street lighting. once inspected in the day light and sober it was about 1 ft x 2 ft, the dealer sorted it but explorer group denied all knowedge and dragged their feet authorising the repair.

after looking at the other "base model" vans in the market xplore is better than most but customer service is shocking.
Hi Again We are finding a problem with the dealer as we found a chip out of the wood shelf at the front of the caravan and the cream carpet was muddy and the marks would not come out and bugs had been ground into the carpet too So we said a new piece of wood and a new carpet

So the moment we are told the wood is here but no capret and that has been since September We have phoned twice recently but still no carpet I them told them we would bring in the caravan for the new wood to be fitted and was told at least 2 weeks wait for the workshop to get to it

I was really angry at this Dealers attitude We got your money now we do not want to do repairs for you

We are going to take up these issues with the Manufacturer in the faint hope they can deliver a carpet for us this year at least

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts