Yay, only waited...........

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
10 weeks before we had a weekend away!!! Yep, thats how long ago we did the handover and we have just had a 2 night local stay away. Some people might remember that I bought a car only to find faults within 2 days. That is still ongoing and so have no tow car. :( Lucky for us the dealer we got the caravan from, namely Bicester Caravan & Leisure in Oxfordshire who give you a local stay free so you can get used to it, did us a favour. They towed it to the local site friday afternoon and are collecting it and taking it back to theirs where it is stored! No cost for doing it either! We arrived friday eve and set about it with great enthusiasm. Then we realised what we knew would happen, we had forgotten loads! Luckily, 'google was our friend'!! It was a late night but most was done. Come saturday mission was accomplished and today we took everything down! But hey in the middle we had a great time. Roll on next time and fingers crossed, a tad further away!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry about it , we still forget things now, it will get easier and easier as time goes on and stuff in the caravan will stay in it and you won't forget it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Bicester caravans were good to my mate, put them into a local site really nice, when I went to them for a warranty claim, salesman suggested That I bought a new van. Nice folk though.a very busy dealer.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Bicester caravans were good to my mate, put them into a local site really nice, when I went to them for a warranty claim, salesman suggested That I bought a new van. Nice folk though.a very busy dealer.

Nearly bought our caravan from them at the NEC show, very professional salesperson (some of the smaller dealer reps lurking by vans did not inspire me with confidence) but the deal wasn't as good as a local dealer and the 50-60 mile tow for inevitable warranty work also put me off. Plus they initially tried to sell me the van that had been on open display at their site.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Barneythebeardie said:
Then we realised what we knew would happen, we had forgotten loads! Luckily, 'google was our friend'!! It was a late night but most was done. Come saturday mission was accomplished and today we took everything down! But hey in the middle we had a great time. Roll on next time and fingers crossed, a tad further away!

Barney,
Well done Bicester Caravans.Good to hear a dealer going the extra mile.
Most of us make up our own check list on a spread sheet . We add or delete things as necessary. The list will include checks on the house, doors locked , central heating etc, the car, the caravan hitch lights etc and then your own personal items from pills to clothes to food.

Sorry to hear the car issue is unresolved. May I be nosey and ask why ;)

Mar 4, 2018
Visit site
[quote Sorry to hear the car issue is unresolved. May I be nosey and ask why ;)[/quote]

Without going into much detail, at least 2 major engine faults, one beginning with the letter T and ending with Ohhhh!!
Dealer waits till the last moment before replying and so drags the whole process out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts