Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All - We off to York this summer, for the first time as our son's at University there. Can anybody recommend a good CL ideally with EHU, for Anne & I and our Chocolate Labrador Charlie? Caravan Club preferred as we're not members of the C&CC. Thanks in anticiption.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can recommend Approach Farm, Hollicars, Escrick near York. (A19) page 444 in the CC book. It is a lovely site, at the back of a farm, and they do have a rally/overflow field to the front area. We stayed here at Easter and although we had problems with electrics tripping out, it was an enjoyable stay. In the village of Escrick (across the road) there were shops/pubs and a couple of takeaways, but also the cycle route directly into York is also there. This passes the University and the Racecourse. They charge around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Holly Tree Farm, at Sutton on Derwent, really nice Cl and in a small village, nice and level. One acre lawned site and track for walking dogs. Have a look at it on here www.5van.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses. We've booked into Red House - www.redhouse.com - it's a great looking CL in the grounds of a country house, complete with heated pool! Anyone elso stayed there?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses. We've booked into Red House - www.redhouse.com - it's a great looking CL in the grounds of a country house, complete with heated pool! Anyone elso stayed there?
We haven't stayed there but we have been there! It used to be a boys boarding prep school. My husband went there and the grounds were lovely. He took me there to an old boys day. i would be interested to know what you think about it!

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not stayed there but been for a look as the handbook says 'swimming pool!' Very long access road, but the site looks lovely. Will be trying it ourselves soon. Let us know how you get on.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
We are members of the caravan club and used Rowntree Park in the city on the river 5 minute walk from the City Centre. We took our labradoodle and you can walk some distance along the river bank where thee are plenty of fields to excercise the dog. Its great not having to use the car too much and in addition the car parking in the city we found very costly

All pitches are hard standing with hook up with the awning being often on gravel. Yorks a nice university we looked at it with our daughter. Hope this is of some use

Dave Brookes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts