Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The better half wants to go to York for a few days next month.

Any suggestions for a good site near the city that will be open at this time of year.

Steve W

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve. There are two Caravan Club Sites, not sure if they take non members, one called Beechwood Grange an excellent site open until the 7 November on the outer ring road. We just spent time there during the York Motorhome Show. Very easy to travel into York. The other is Rowntree Park open all the year round in the centre of York and near to the Race Course but you have to check it is not flooded if there has been lots of rain! If you would like more details of these just say and I can post them for you. Hope you enjoy your stay in York it is a lovely city.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, If you are after a CL/CS (C&CC) then there is one at York Cricket and Rugby club ground. It has no facilities but you can use the clubhouse during opening hours. It is a 20 minute gentle stroll from the site down the Ouse towpath into the centre of York.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
was at Rowntree Park over August Bank Holiday. Brilliant location etc etc10 minute walk to city centre, fantastic ! Site up to usual CC spec but pitches may be a bit packed in and lack greenery ???

can't have it all though but still a thumbs up from me, book as soon as you decide it is a very busy site !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On recommendation from some friends we have just booked at Goosewood, Sutton On The Forest. Only a few miles away from the city and even nearer to the park and ride, which knowing York well I would really recommend using. Certainly open until the beginning of Nov but think it opens beyond that too.

Enjoy yourselves - it is a great city.

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
I have been to goosewood a few times this year its a great site very clean ,it has a great fitness suite with a sauna and jacuzi and it has some good eating pubs within a couple of miles also york is easy to get to its about 6 miles, oh and its got a great play area fot the kids.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts