YORKSHIRE CARAVANS OF BAWTRY

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

The caravan has had a bang and insurers are suggesting it goes to Yorkshire Caravans for a new front and side respray. We dont have any experiance of them and wonder if anyone (without liabling themselves) has.

We are really interested in how they are on: Doing it at the agreed time and in the agreed time, The customer service and attention to the customer and of course the finished quality and how they return the van, for example washed, clean etc. The van is a Avondale

Thanks for any responses, both good and bad, they all help.

John S

This topic has already been posted in the Technical section

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They're very close to me although I've never had any work done by them, although I know people who have and been more than happy. They are or used to be Avondale dealers so should know what they're doing. They've always struck me as expensive - but as its an insurance job you won't have to worry.

C

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wayne

As a rule of thumb my advice to anyone with an insurance job is listen to the insurer and go with their repairer.

In the unlikely event the repairs are not to your satisfaction you have a long stop whereby you can fall back on the insurer to resolve any issues.

Use your own repairer, against your insurers agreement, and you may find difficulties further down the line, eg if the dealer went bust within the repair warranty period.

If the insurer's repairer went bust you can fall back on the insurer to pay for any defect as it was their chosen repairer who messed up.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts