You have get a Tax Refund!!!!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Anyone else got a nice New Year email message from 'HM Revenue & Customs' stating 'You have get a Tax Refund on your Visa or Mastercard - complete the 'Formular' and get your refund Tax'

I can't wait - and wonder whose trying to 'phish' my details now! Either that or HM Revenue and Customs hasn't quite got it's head around English as she is spoke!

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Not had one from the Inland Revenue but I have had spam alledgedly from PayPal and one recently from HSBC, both telling me to update my details with them.

Looks like the hackers, spammers or should I just call them crooks are looking for targets afters the Christmas period. Both emails are now in the trash folder and deleted.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..why not forward the emails to the legitimate companies concerned.

Most now have an Internet fraud department who collate and investigate the perpetrators wherever they may be.

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
HM Revenue & Customs are very concerned about these types of scam.

They have set up a dedicated email address where you can forward suspect emails:

phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk.

I forwarded the same rebate scam email on Sunday.

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
From HMRC website:

Examples of SOME of the fake email addresses used include:

HMRC related scam examples

Tax rebate - updated 30 November 2009

HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) would not inform customers of a tax rebate via email, or invite them to complete an online form to receive a rebate of tax.

Do not visit the website contained within the email or disclose any personal or payment information.

Email addresses used to distribute the tax rebate emails include:

tax.refunds@hmrc.gov.uk

service@hmrc.gov.uk

hmrcrefunds@hmrc.gov.uk

refundsdept@ir-efile.gov.uk

noreply@hmrk.co.uk

customers@hmrc.gov.uk

taxcredits@hmrc.co.uk

officer.robinson@hmrc.co.uk

securemail@hmrc.gov.uk

hmrc@tax-revenue.uk

HMRC does not send out emails using these email addresses.

NOW YOU KNOW!! BEWARE!!

G

Recently I've had a very realistic looking email that appears to be from Alliance & Leicester telling me about updating details. It comes in my UK email address inbox, but the address it is sent to is slightly wrong

I've never had a A&L account and have never even been an A&L branch.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
"They have set up a dedicated email address where you can forward suspect emails:"

Thanks for the info. coppied and pasted to my list of e-mail contacts but wouldn't take at first then realised the full stop after "uk" was the problem - just in case anyone alse tries thye same

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
HM Revenue & Customs are very concerned about these types of scam.

They have set up a dedicated email address where you can forward suspect emails:

I forwarded the same rebate scam email on Sunday.
PLEASE DELETE THE . AT THE END OF UK. THE CORRECT ADDRESS IS:

phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk

TRENDING THREADS