Your opinion wanted

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I am currently considering changeing my caravan im interested in the Bailey Senator California.I would obviously like the best deal possible by that I mean the best price to change I have a Bailey dealer 8 miles from my home but his deal is poor do you feel it really is worth shopping around? are there big diferrences in deals ? can you give examples of the diferrence in any deals you have done? Thanks for any information.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gilbert,

I have a suspicion that there will be very little leeway in the price of the new van, nor difference between Bailey dealers. The California is proving to be one of this year's most popular vans judging by the comment it has attracted. Also, the word coming out of the major manufacturers and dealers seems to be that they have had a surprisingly good first part of the year given the general economic climate.

However you may well find there are significant differences in what dealers will offer you as trade-in on your own van. This really will depend upon whether that particular dealer fancies your van as one on which they can turn a profit. It will also depend upon what other stocks they currently have - and that will vary. To give you an extreme but true example, when we bought our last van at a show about three years ago we settled on a Bailey Senator Indiana and hawked ourselves about the dealers on the Bailey stand to see what they would offer us on our 3 year old Compass Rallye. One major Bailey dealer offered us the best price for the new van, but as they deal almost exclusively with Bailey were less interested in the Compass and their pricing reflected that. Another one however had just had a very major fire at one of their bases which had wiped out almost all of their stock of second hand vans. They were very keen to deal and offered us a buy and trade-in package over

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
We've just bought a California from our local dealer, we were happy with the price. To be honest we didn't shop around - they are 50 miles away and the next one is over 100 miles. We have bought vans from our dealer for over 9 years and have always found their service and pricing good. remember is isn't just the price you pay but the quality of service from a dealer, not much use saving

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts