zenith noseweight

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Do you mean the noseweight limit or the actual noseweight? The latter is variable depending on how payload is distributed so it would be difficult to give any details.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

noseweight is determined on the allowance for the tow car___most cars been 75 kgs(which should not be exceeded)with large cars it can be as much as 140 kgs____but what people forget here is the alko hitchlock is only rated at 100kgs(therefore 100kgs should be the limit)manufactures usually put a noseweight of app 7% of miro___which in some cases __light caravans this formula will work___heavy caravans its a nightmare.never make the noseweight to light as this usually implies its rear heavy making the van unstable_____its really all trial and error gettin the noseweight right___but right it must be

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jeanette.We have a 2007 model Lunar Zenith Fixed Bed.

I have weighed the front of the caravan (Noseweight) by using both a proper gague and bathroom scales and have found that it weighs 72kg with just one gas bottle in the front locker.

Spare wheel is situated underneath the van.

As Ford recommend a noseweight limit of 75kgs on our Mondeo,i have to load the van very carefully.

Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi thanks alot to everyone that answered. I found the noseweight limit to be 100kg. It was printed on the chassis by the hitch.
hi,

the 100 kgs you are refering to on the chassis is the maximum downward force the manufacturer has put on the hitch(of the caravan) that can be safely applied,and this should not be exceeded.this is NOT the noseweight of the van.the noseweight of the van when coming from manufacturer(miro)is usually around 7%.this formula is recommended when loading the caravan,unfortunately this can very rarely acheived due to the noseweight limit car manufacturers impose on their vehicles(which must not be exceeded).its all trial and error realy to get noseweight right,but with careful correct loading the required noseweight(imposed on the vehicle) can be achieved.read the guides on this site as you seem to be a little misguided

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts