1.4 turbo mokka towing

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello me and my misses are new to caravaning and just wanna get some advice we have had our car for about a year now and we have been talking about getting a caravan for some time but now my mother has brought one and i was seeing if anyone has ever towed a caravan with a 1.4 turbo mokka ive heard that they are good but i want to hear it from the public.
Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Benny123 said:
Hello me and my misses are new to caravaning and just wanna get some advice we have had our car for about a year now and we have been talking about getting a caravan for some time but now my mother has brought one and i was seeing if anyone has ever towed a caravan with a 1.4 turbo mokka ive heard that they are good but i want to hear it from the public.
Thanks

A while back someone posted his experience with a Mocka Turbo. Try s search. In direct reply to your question you need to supply more information for any useful advice to be given. Viz:

What is it’s power and torque.
What is it’s kerbweight
Is it auto or manual
What is the cars specified makers towing limit.
What weight MTPLM caravan is to be towed.
What is the cars Gross Vehicle Weight.
What licence does the driver have B or BE.

Basically all of the above need to be considered before realistic advice can be given. The one thing I would say is that the petrol engine will need to be given more revs than an equivalent diesel which some drivers aren’t comfortable with. But depending on what is to be towed, and the annual towing mileage compared to solo driving a good petrol can make a useful tow car.

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello it is a 1.4t se mokka auto and it weighs 1409kg.
The caravan is an eldis and weighs 1200kg max and 1006kg mro.
Thats all i no

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
That is brilliant advice and has put my mind at ease a little.
Obveusly i will be expecting things like struggling up hill ect but as long as im legal and my motor can pull it then thats fine
Ive been told by so many people that my car is not big enough or strong enough to pull a van.
Thanks guys
Happy camping

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The car will tow it safely and legally but that is its limit so it would have to be changed if a heavier caravan is bought. It should manage OK, but its power is a bit low, so steady is probably the best description of progress although that might be no bad thing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts