10 MINUTES TO A TOWN

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
We are looking to make a list of french campsites which are within EASY walking distance of towns & villages. We are hoping to make it available to other caravanners, eventually.
If anyone can suggest suitable sites, we would be delighted.
Thanks, Redboots

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
The municipal sites at Azay-le-Rideau in the Loire valley & Aixe-Sur-Vienne near Limoges are within a few minutes of the towns & both right on the river bank.

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Camping les Perieres at Sarlat - le - Canade in the Dordogne - you can easily walk into town in ten minutes but it's a little bit longer back uphill. I think it's the only campsite in Sarlat that is walkable into town. Also stayed at Camping Touristique de Gien in the Loiret region on the banks of the Loire itself - that looked like a five minute walk.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Towns (in Bold) - Vatan
Municipal: La Rouelle Aux Loups
St Pourcain sur Sioule
Municipal: Camping de L'Ile de la Ronde
Vallon Pont d'Arc
L'Ardechois
Le Provencal
Le Mondial
Riviere sur Tarn
Les Peupliers
Millau
Les Rivages
Le Cote Sud
Camping Le Viaduc
Camping Les Deux Vallees
Camping Les Erables
Le Rozier
Campng Municipal Le Brouillet
Vichy
Camping Beau Rivage
St Antonin Noble Val
Camping Les Gorges de l'Aveyron
Valencay
Municipal Les Chenes
St Aignan
Les Cochards
Meyreuis
Camping Le Capelan
Camping Champ d'Ayres
There are probably thousands more! When I remember some more I'll post details!

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I have an Excel file of campsites in France that I got from the internet, if you can get your email address to me I will be glad to give you a copy. It contains sites within 2 to 3 kms away from towns, within easy walking distance.
It could save you a lot of work as it has already been compiled in a format giving the campsite name, village, sat nav coordinates, and local and motorway road numbers.

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I have an Excel file of campsites in France that I got from the internet, if you can get your email address to me I will be glad to give you a copy. It contains sites within 2 to 3 kms away from towns, within easy walking distance.
It could save you a lot of work as it has already been compiled in a format giving the campsite name, village, sat nav coordinates, and local and motorway road numbers.

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi Merlin, have been watching this thread and if the moderator will pass on my e-mail address I would like a copy of the information.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Stephen,
If you do fancy Eguishiem look up more details about the village - fascinating place . . . . think Hansel and Gretel meet Walt Disney. Chalet style houses with balconies and masses of geraniums in window boxes. And surounded by vinyards.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I forwarded the email addresses to Merlin as requested
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts