12 volt electrics

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi to all. New to the forum. And not very good navigating any forum. Just getting back into caravanning and have purchased a 2005 Compass Rallye 640. Had a weekend away 6 weeks ago and all worked well except for 3 12volt bulbs. So I bought new, went to the storage place to fit only to find nothing on 12 volt works. Except the motor mover. Loads of battery power but no 12 volt accessories, radio lights fridge etc
All fuses seem OK. The only switch I can see is the master on the wall panel near the heating controls. Is there another master switch for the 12 volt or is there a big fuse before the normal 12 volt fuses.
Any help appreciated

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very close to the battery positive terminal should be an in-line main fuse. Test it. If ok let us know.
BTW welcome to the forum :)

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Cheers. But no. I should have put my glasses and my contacts in. Hairline break in the battery fuse!! Visually looked OK. But bust. Tried new fuse all OK. Thankyou for reply... Now I can change bulbs..

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Excellent suggestion to go LED. Make sure you get good ones with an inbult fuse. In choosing colour remember the bigger the number the whiter the light. For example 2800K will give a sifter light than 3500K.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
waffler said:
Excellent suggestion to go LED. Make sure you get good ones with an inbult fuse. In choosing colour remember the bigger the number the whiter the light. For example 2800K will give a sifter light than 3500K.

Totally agree about buying "warn white" rather than cold white... However...I don't understand the reference to an "inbuilt fuse". I have bought and used 12V LED's for 15 years, and the very low currrents make fuses unnecessary. However for 12V installations in cars/boats/caravans you DO need to have voltage regulation built into the LED bulb/lamp, in order to stop the LED being blown by higher voltages from alternators and battery chargers...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts