12 volt extra lighting

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Afternoon guys. We have just picked up our new vip 675 coachman caravan and the wife wants extra lighting. I’ve noticed the laser has what she wants but does anyone have a wiring diagram or can point me in the right direction on wiring up such lighting. I do have a roll of 12 volt flexi lighting.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Just find the closest (lighting) switch or light unit to where you want to fit the new strip and splice into it! Just be aware some LED strips are polarity sensitive.

Apr 3, 2024
Visit site
Just find the closest (lighting) switch or light unit to where you want to fit the new strip and splice into it! Just be aware some LED strips are polarity sensitive.
Thank you. Yes it is a + and - system. I’m no electrician but I’m pretty handy being an ex motor vehicle technician. Just wouldn’t want to blow the wife’s caravan up 🤣🤣🤣

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Afternoon guys. We have just picked up our new vip 675 coachman caravan and the wife wants extra lighting. I’ve noticed the laser has what she wants but does anyone have a wiring diagram or can point me in the right direction on wiring up such lighting. I do have a roll of 12 volt flexi lighting.
Don't want to put a downer on your mission, but would modifying the electrical system invalidate the warranty on a new caravan?

Aside from that, what Mr Plod said.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Be careful not to undertake and modifications that could invalidate your warranty - I see similar advice as I type - would you consider LED lamps strategically placed - a quick google showed many designs mains, rechargeable or battery that might complement the ambience of the van and relegate DIY to the back burner for the time being?

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Ahh right. I will check with my dealer. Thank you
Got to be worth asking the question just to be on the safe side.

I've just put one on these in my caravan, definitely function over form but it will do the job I need it to.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
The current draw for an LED strip is minimal so the chances of any warranty issues are simply non existent, besides the lighting circuit is fused anyway..
I cut a hole in the side of my new caravan to fit a secondary EHU point. I checked with Baikey re warranty. Their reply was that if I had a water leak around it tje warranty wouldn't cover it, but if it was anywhere else the warranty would still stand.. As I had fitted it myself I am pretty sure I was a lot more careful, and used more sealant, than their production line staff.!.,
I also fitted additional LED strip lighting

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
The current draw for an LED strip is minimal so the chances of any warranty issues are simply non existent, besides the lighting circuit is fused anyway..
I cut a hole in the side of my new caravan to fit a secondary EHU point. I checked with Baikey re warranty. Their reply was that if I had a water leak around it tje warranty wouldn't cover it, but if it was anywhere else the warranty would still stand.. As I had fitted it myself I am pretty sure I was a lot more careful, and used more sealant, than their production line staff.!.,
I also fitted additional LED strip lighting
I'm inclined to agree with you to a point. The problem is that if there is an issue anywhere within the electrical system and the dealer gets difficult, it will be up to the op to prove that it wasn't caused by his modifications. This should be easy enough, but will require the op to commission an independent report. Far better to ask the dealer before doing anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts