12 volt problems

Mar 26, 2021
Visit site
i have got no 12v system in my caravan when on hook up ive changed the battery still no lights etc The 12 volts works when connected to my tow car but as soon as i disconnect it from the car everything goes off in the caravan that works on 12 volt. Can anyone help with this. My caravan is a 2007 Elddis Avante

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Look for a fuse embedded in the positive (red) cable between the battery and the power control box. If the 12V doesn't work with EHU active and battery disconnected you have an issue with the mains power supply or charger.

The 12V system within the caravan should work when plugged into the car but go off when you start the engine.

Have you checked the battery voltage?

Reactions: ProfJohnL

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi thanks for your help but the 12 v system works when the car engine is running and it is a brand new battery anymore ideas?

What you say is happening is not supposed to happen!!!

There is something very wrong with the setup so I suggest getting a mobile engineer to look at it for you as it is impossible to fault find via a forum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do you have a switch in the caravan that switches between car and caravan, I seem to remember some vans had a 3 way switch near the control panel, it would need to be switched to caravan position

Reactions: RogerL
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i have got no 12v system in my caravan when on hook up ive changed the battery still no lights etc The 12 volts works when connected to my tow car but as soon as i disconnect it from the car everything goes off in the caravan that works on 12 volt. Can anyone help with this. My caravan is a 2007 Elddis Avante
Sounds like a problem with the "habitation "relay.It operates when the car starts up and switches 12 Volt supplies.(I don't know much about this relay - where it's fitted etc,) find it if you can and check coil and contacts are ok.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts