12V Coolboxes

Dec 20, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good quality coolbox (12V)? My fridge in the 'van stopped working in the middle of a holiday last year so I would like some back up if it happens again!

I've seen the 25 litre Royal model quite reasonably priced at a few outlets (approx £30) - is this a good buy?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Look for a waeco box that runs on gas,battery or electric.

They are a bit more expensive but some places like Go have had them on offer for

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We bought one from Halfords and are really pleased with it. Buy a big one though, you soon fill them up. Very handy for a chilled store in the awning especially if you have an external electric plug.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I bought a decent sized one (not sure how many litres - but big enough for about six x 2 litre bottles of lemonade) from Woolworths (of all places). It was about

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Should have mentioned, 12v won't chill the contents effectively ( same as the caravan fridge wouldn't either) but will keep them chilled when in transit. Buy a mains electric one so you can chill the contents effectively then plug it into the car 12v for transporting.Having an auto cut off stops the car battery draining flat without having to unplug the box.

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Robert,

I bought a 35L 12/240V Cooler Box from Towsure last year. The box is plugged into the mains, at home, the night before we go away. The following morning the box is suitably chilled and packed with the chilled food we take straight from our fridge. The box is then plugged into the 12V in the car. When we get to site it gets plugged to the mains whilst in the awning. The caravan fridge goes onto the gas to get the temperature down and then eventually the contents of the box are transferred. So, our chilled food stays chilled all the time.

The bonus is that it stays plugged in, in the awning and then becomes a wine/beer/kids drinks cooler box. Even on the occasional hot day we had last year the drinks stay cold.

So, I can thoroughly recommend this cooler box. Here's the link to the box:

http://www.towsure.com/product/14826-35L_12/240V_Cooler_Box_with_Wheels.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the create a lot of internal condensation so are best "stood". last year i had to dry mine out ervey other day beacuse of the condesate in the bottom.

Nopw i can't run mine in the car because the cut out must be faulty and the red light comes on ( its a camping Gaz one )when ever i plug it into 12v. 240 v on the transormer id fine ?????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts