12v fridge electrics

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just had a warranty claim done on my fridge, It wouldnt work on 12v, faulty control panel to blame. The lads who did the repair hooked their car up to the caravan to prove the repair before and after. I put my car on today and still nothing, I've got 14.3v at pins 6 & 7 with the car running but still nothing on the fridge when switched to 12v, also the volt meter in the van shows nothing when I switch it to the car. Any thoughts on this one please. I have a Landrover TDi and a 2005 Avondale Argente.

Cheers

Ian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, well you appear to have nothing wrong with the car so it appears there is a 'disconnect' in the van. There have been postings in the forum that for some reason, with certain vans, you have to switch the control panel to van for the fridge to work.

If you do that does the fridge get power?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, well you appear to have nothing wrong with the car so it appears there is a 'disconnect' in the van. There have been postings in the forum that for some reason, with certain vans, you have to switch the control panel to van for the fridge to work.

If you do that does the fridge get power?
Ian, seee the post dated Sun 12th march titled ' abbey electrics' in this section of the forum. The reply from Sparkes (Steve) confirmed by Kevin H may help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Problem solved, I rigged a 12v 35w lamp and checked pin 6 & 7 and for all there was voltage it wouldnt light the lamp. I cleaned the earth on the tow bar bracket, still no go. I then found the relay to switch voltage when ignition on and found the in line fuse from the battery to the relay badly corroded, replaced the whole lot and jobs a good 'un.

I will have to keep my Disco out of the mud and streams in future, well maybe not.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Ian.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts