12v Satellite systems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I notice that you can now get sat systems for vans for around £80 inc. a 12 v receiver - which is starting to look attractive.
I would like to use my sky card from home so i've got all the sports channels on tap, but see that cards have to be paired to 'receivers'.
I'm gussing a card cannot be paired to two receivers, one home one in the van? Is there a way around this or is it a case of only having free channels whilst away?
Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I take the box that the card is paired to from home
I have found that if you have a spare Sky+ box and take the box with a card that is paired to another Sky+ box then it will allow the record etc Sky+ features plus it will get Eurosport which is great for the Tour De France etc but no good for HRH who wants to watch every kick of Premiership football even if most of it is through closed eyes
smiley-laughing.gif

The same applies to Eurosport on an ordinary Sky box

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
The only 12V satellite receivers that could take a Sky card are the now obsolete Pace Javelin receivers (try Ebay). The systems you have seen will not have the capability of accepting a card.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
We have a Bush freesat HD box that we bought from ebay they can be used on 12v or 240v i am not a sports fan but freesat have lots of channels free that Sky charge for so happy as larry
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts