Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys & Girls,

I am looking to buy a 12v/240v Television set for use in the van. I have found a couple of makes that seem considerably cheaper then the AVTEX televisions. I was wondering whether anyone had any experience of the MEOS or the Vason TV sets as I cannot find any reviews of these sets on the internet and I like to read reviews before spending my hard earned cash.

Thank you,

Steve

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
hi steve

We have found that we do not need a 12v tv unless you intend to caravan without electric. 12v tvs use quite alot of juice from the battery and some people carry 2 batteries which adds to the weight of your van. We use a normal lcd tv about

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Do you mean Visteon as sold in Aldi,they make the DVD equipment used in Fords and Volkswagen.Think you should be on safe ground with them

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
There is a company on the internet selling Vason 12v/240v TV's at very reasonable prices, when compared to other brands and usually if something seems to good to be true, then it almost certainly is and I don't want to order one to find out it's unwatchable.

If anyone has got one of these sets I would appreciate some feedback as to what they think of the set.

Thank you,

Steve

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve,

I recently bought a Vason TV and soon regretted it. I found the picture disappointing and only clear when viewed straight on, the sound quality from the built-in speakers was a bit tinny. There was no interactive service on freeview (teletext only). Fortunately (for me) the set developed a fault and I was able to obtain a refund. I have since bought an Avtex and have to say am very pleased with it. Picture and sound are excellent, also picture remains good when viewed from an angle.I used to run an old analogue TV on an inverter. I find the Avtex to be much less demanding on the battery. Yes, on the minus the Avtex is more expensive but there are some good deals out there. Hope the above helps.

Oct 4, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Sandra, you've saved me wasting my money as I very nearly bought a Vason TV, but thanks to your advise I will have a look around for the best price for an Avtex TV instead.

I'll also have a look in Sainsbury too, thanks Beej.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts