150.9 per litre

Nov 5, 2007
Visit site
Bring it on .

having watched for weeks the price of diesel going up up up and driving carefully,its apparant that the price at the moment 127.9 to 130.9 clearly makes no difference to the way people drive.therfore my question is when will we all slow down?.now,never,next week.by burning more fuel,we visit the pumps more often.at what price per litre will it need to rise to to enable you to think about how fast you travel!!!!!!!!!!!

regards road runner

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Not everyone drives like mad i have been driving more economical since January & saving fuel. I dont really care if it takes me longer. Too many people come speeding past burning

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Price will eventualy slow people down,the same as price will stop people traveling very far from home. It is already doing so in America. Just watch as more Airlines go to the wall, and then just watch as caravan site operators increase prices.

Supply and Demand will regulate prices for both and I don't think we will have to wait much longer to see it.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
By the high number of people that ask for VAT receipts when I am buying petrol I have assumed that many motorists petrol bills go through company accounts.

This may not slow people down if the extra cost can be passed on to their respective customers.

Bill

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Well I'm one of those that ask for VAT receipts but although I get the VAT back and also get tax relief which substantially lowers what I pay for fuel my bottom line is still rising. I'm also one of those that is passing on the increase fuel cost to my customers-along with all retail / wholesale outlets. Unfortunately that's life.

Do I drive any different? No. I'm not a mad a&*e anyway but I am doing my usual runs and just accepting it. In my opinion the price will have to rise a lot more before the majority ease up.

There are two fuel stations within two miles near me one a village type station who's fuel is always three or four pence dearer but folk use it just the same-in fact I would say more than the other.

To make you all feel like you are getting a good deal,l at the weekend I filled my classic up with good old fashioned four star -

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
The price of fuel in the UK has nothing to do with "slowing" motorists or the green eco concerns.

We are being taken for a ride by Opec, oil industry and mainly our Government.

It doesn't matter how fast I drive, I claim a lot of my VAT back but trucks and business run mainly on diesel that we pay more for in the UK compared to most other countries where it is cheaper than unleaded. My over heads go up, so the customer pays! It is called inflation.

The liar in Downing Street wails and has whinged for years about pay claims, yet fails to recognise that his tax's on fuels, pensions and more drive pay claims upwards

My staff and I work some long days, and slowing down is not option.

I think Boing Boing is stirring trouble here, but he/she is paying at the tills for the fuel increases every time he/she buys food and other goods no matter how slow car drivers go.

I know caravanners who are continuing with there usual caravanning trips, but businesses at their destinations are getting less of their money. Friday evening I had dinner in a marina on friends boat. Many people were arriving for a weekend afloat, most were carrying bags of food and the local bars and restaurants that take a fair slice of their turnover from the marina's were very quiet.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Until very recently my neighbour owned a "brand" petrol station, which is always 3p dearer than the Tesco round the corner.

He estimated that two thirds of the fuel he sold was not paid for out of the pocket of the person putting it in the tank, and they had no interest in the cost. Their boss might have - but not enough to say "go to Tesco".

The fuel, in this case, is known to be identical, as it is delivered by the same tanker on the same run.

I think fuel will have to go over

May 25, 2008
Visit site
The fuel, in this case, is known to be identical, as it is delivered by the same tanker on the same run.

Can't let this one go. I doubt very much it was the same fuel, It may have come from the same Tanker but from a different Tank !!! Additives vary a lot between fuel suppliers, ask Rob Jax he's an expert

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I dont think it matters what fuel costs , if you need to fill up you need to fill up.

What will change is probably your reliance on the car for journeys either you dont need to make or you could use alternatives for.

One thought , I started my driving/riding at 16 when it was 98p a gallon. its now

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
What is all this rubbish about fuel prices cghanging what people do.

If people change the way they lead their lives based on the sudden rapid rise in fuel costs it will have a very serious effect on the economy.

If you think that fuel prices are some green issue, wake up as you are being sold a pup!

You are paying for Blairs war and Browns mis-management of the economy.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Quote "Can't let this one go. I doubt very much it was the same fuel, It may have come from the same Tanker but from a different Tank !!! Additives vary a lot between fuel suppliers"

Basically yes - delivery tankers with say a capacity of 25,000 litres or more are usually sub-divided into 2,000 or 3,000 litre cells. If not each time the tanker braked you could go surfing on the wave of fuel...

Most of the supermarkets now have their own delivery tankers - but even if they don't - the fuel is separated.

And yes - the additives are company / brand specific

Robert

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
Even though I drive a company car, I pay for my own private fuel, so the price of fuel bothers me.

I have slowed down and seen the benefits. Most of my mileage is Motorway and by hanging with the HGV's I get an extra 70 miles on a tankfull diesel.

Based on my normal monthly trips that equates to around one tankfull less, saving currently

May 25, 2008
Visit site
What is all this rubbish about fuel prices cghanging what people do.

Look at Lewis Hamilton he drove into the back of another car so his team could save some fuel !!!

I am towing at a slower speed now fuel is so expensive see NCC guidelines for saving using less fuel

The American public drove less miles in April than they have done in the past 30 years.

I am not willing to pay the

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
"Same Fuel"

Generally you would be right about possible differences between deliveries, but not in this very specific case; we are approx 5 miles from the refinery, and for local deliveries quite a small tanker is used, which actually belongs to the refinery and is driven by their employees.

I have just spoken to my neighbour to check, and he again confirms that the fuel put into his garage came out of the same tanker as Tesco - no subdivision of tanker, both stations filled up on the same run.

In fact, I usually use the ASDA nowadays - often 1p cheaper, and 2p off for paying with their credit card.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts