1992 BAILEY SCORPIO CHAMAPGNE BATTERY CHARGER

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have a problem with the batterycharger unit on my van, we have traced the problem back to the relay in the charger/transformer unit, which allows 12v up to the control panel when hooked up to mains but not via the van battery. the charger unit being a " mactronics" made in Hull. Does anyone know if the company still exists to buy a replacement of is there a after market/updated unit which will plug sraight in

thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I thought I had the same problem with a similar age Fleetwood,but it turned out to be a fuse.Both the battery +ve and -ve leads from/to the charger were protected with 10 amp fuses one of these blew when I let the battery get really flat.The fuses were hidden away in the bowels of the underseat locker forward of the battery box.Very hard to see with out laying on the floor with your head in the drop down flap,and of course the van did not come with any kind of wiring diagram.The battery was charged up off the van and refitted,fuse replaced & everything worked ok and still does.The same thing happened again about 9 months ago,again the battery was really flat but this time it was terminal,not to bad though it was 9 years old.That could be a new thread on here "How old is your Battery?"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts