1993 Elddis Typhoon 200 EX

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

In our continuing search for the right first caravan for the family we have come across a 1993 Elddis typhoon 200 EX. I ussually try to do my homework before i go and look at a van by gathering as much information as I can on specifications etc but I am unable to get much information on this model. Does anybody out there have one of these or may have owned one in the past. I have estimated the approx value to be about £3000-£3500 but as this one has not been used for about 3 years I hope to strike a better deal on it due to the prep work needed before use again. What would your opinions be on this as a suitable buy for our family?

Any comments or information gratefully received.

Thank All

The novice caravanner!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Magnus

We just sold our Elddis Typhoon gt 1994 to a dealer. There was no damp in it, but I have been told that when they get to this age that you normally will find some damp.

PC buying used mag, only as one tip:- to ask the owner to turn on the fridge, to prove it is working.

Remember to lift up all the cushions and check for damp in the floor lockers feel right into the corners. Feel across all shelves and in the corners of cupboards to make sure it's not damp. Also I remember my father feeling the caravan floor corners from outside the caravan. There was 4 of us, are layout was two side bunks and an end bathroom.

Not sure what you should pay for a van like yours. You could always ring for a quote on insurance and ask them do they know the glass price on the van?

Hope this helps.

Jul 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi Magnus

We just sold our Elddis Typhoon gt 1994 to a dealer. There was no damp in it, but I have been told that when they get to this age that you normally will find some damp.

PC buying used mag, only as one tip:- to ask the owner to turn on the fridge, to prove it is working.

Remember to lift up all the cushions and check for damp in the floor lockers feel right into the corners. Feel across all shelves and in the corners of cupboards to make sure it's not damp. Also I remember my father feeling the caravan floor corners from outside the caravan. There was 4 of us, are layout was two side bunks and an end bathroom.

Not sure what you should pay for a van like yours. You could always ring for a quote on insurance and ask them do they know the glass price on the van?

Hope this helps.
Thanks Allyson.

I hope to have a good look at the van this weekend so I will check throughout for the dreaded damp! I am taking a damp meter with me so hopefully this should show up anything.

Thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts