1998 shogun auto

Jan 22, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

Am thinking of buying a 1998 td shogun lwwb auto, has anyone towed with these trucks. Its the flared wheel arch version r reg.

What mpg would i get solo and towing and are they good trucks solo and towing.

Thanks.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Simon,

I have a 1999 manual and it was excellent as a towcar.

The only downside was mpg. Only got about 20 towing, 25 or more solo. We bought it with the van 4 years ago, as being newbies, wanted something heavy. It certainly did the job. We have the all terrain tyres on ours and it really is " go anywhere ", even with the van on the back, LOL !

Ours is up for sale at the mo. We had an old Volvo that packed up, bought an S-type, which just happened to have a detachable towbar and is heavy enough to tow the van, so getting rid of the Shogun ( it's actually a Pajero ).

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi simon i got the import version mitsi parero LWB 2.5 tdi not fast but very good towing very stable mine auto with overdrive (4 speed)get bout 20 mpg towing go anywhere might have trouble with the tow bar get bolt on dont use the fixing plate on the vehicle to high xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The only problem with Soguns or Pajeros is the poor mpg. The auto gearbox is robust and works well when towing. These cars benefit from regular engine oil and fuel and oil filter changes and I change as much as I can of my atf every year so that it doesn't become 'burnt'. With the atf change it is impossible to drain the auto box and torque converter completely so for the first time if the used fluid appears to be dirty drain it again after a couple of weeks to replace with as much clean a/t fluid as possible. (Decron 11)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts