1st timers in France

Jun 12, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a nice quite site in the Bordeaux region this will be our 1st time abroad with the van do they have adult only sites as we dont have kids with us any more any info on showers and toilets would help

many thanks

Ron

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I doubt if you will find 'adults only' sites in France; the French tend not to share the British dislike of children. But if you go outside of the school holiday period, most sites will be effectively child-free, in any case. We went to France for three-weeks in June last year, and hardly saw a child on a site in the whole of that time. We found that a little sad - we're grandparents now,but quite enjoy having children around. Clearly, not everyone shares this view.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I doubt if you will find 'adults only' sites in France; the French tend not to share the British dislike of children. But if you go outside of the school holiday period, most sites will be effectively child-free, in any case. We went to France for three-weeks in June last year, and hardly saw a child on a site in the whole of that time. We found that a little sad - we're grandparents now,but quite enjoy having children around. Clearly, not everyone shares this view.
Please dont start this debate AGAIN, lets choose the site that suits us all, weve been here before!!

Maddi

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The only Adult only sites I've heard of in France are "sans" clothing.

I've always found most French sites better facility wise than in the UK, does depend on what you pay I guess.

France is "Family" orientated be it children in bars and restaurants or on campsites.

Driving through France you will see "whole" families eating alfresco in the evenings in gardens of their homes. Spain and Italy to. Avoid the French national holiday and our school holidays if you want quieter time as suggested above.

Me, I love kids. I started out as one :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you can get hold of a Caravan Club magazine there are adverts in the classified section for 'Adults only' sites - often advertised by British owners. I've seen at least three or four such adverts, but don't have a magazine handy, so can't give you any addresses or locations, sorry.

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
hi

we stayed at the municipal site at fouras just north of bordeaux.right on the end of the peninsular near isle du re and rochefort.

A small site with oustanding ablutions (immaculate).It is quite easy to pick out on google earth!...bikes would be handy as it is very flat.

No bar tho,but full of french who had come for the seafood,out everyday to catch oysters mussels etc, but very friendly. & hardly saw a child the whole week

and the rates were only about 11euros/night!

good luck

bobby

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
You dont say how close to Bordeaux you want to be but a site I have used a couple of times is La Barbanne at St Emillion (great if you are into wine)it is not too big has a fishing lake and of course toilets and showers.It is in most of the booking company brochures such as Caravan Club,Select sites and so on.

If you go ask if you can have a pitch 'by the cart overlooking the lake'these are nice pitches and fairly quiet but handy for the facilities.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts