2006 Bailey Ranger DAMP!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
IM ACTUALLY CONCERNED NOW! I have assessed that the water ingress is from the roof to rear joint, however i didn't get the ladders out and have a look for any cracks and so on.
tonight's task is to do this first thing.

I am hoping to remove the seal and joint tonight to prepare and get ready for resealing, hopefully this will not uncover any nasty surprise. However i did have a boat, so i do actually have fiberglass filler in the garage :)
so if i do uncover a crack how do i prevent it cracking further?

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
It effected series 5 and 6 senators although I've never seen a pageant series 7 with cracks yet despite using the same body construction as the s6 senator, which is surprising.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You have a real problem if an ABS panel is cracked.
Unlike aluminium a crack arrester hole will probably not work.
Repairing ABS with GRP materials is a bit of a no no and can lead to even more damage.
ABS Thermal Welding is the usual way forward. I believe a lot of car and motorcycle body shops can do these types of repairs . Maybe you can find someone near you if a crack is indeed the problem after all these years.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty
On a previous van I managed to crack the abs cover on the A frame, and found Halfords sold an abs repair kit, which from memory was a couple of tubes like you get in epoxy resin, together with matting to strengthen the repair. It worked well and the repair was very hard to see,

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had success with 3mm crack stop holes in abs panels. Any other repair will mean removal of the whole panel which is not really practical for the average diy man. And you cant put any reinforcing behind the crack as it is on a joint, so it would not longer mate up properly.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
interesting development on the thread, [repairing ABS panels] and some misinformation to boot, any ABS panel can be repaired quite successfully, by plastic welding with a soldering iron, yes it is tricky and yes it takes some time and practice, but it is how motorcycle repairers have been mending fairings for years, it it also better if repaired from the back but not impossible from the front with care, and time,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts