2008 Elddis Odyssey 544 Microwave

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks,

Our microwave has stopped working and nothing appears on the screen. Any ideas where the fuse is located as there is no sign/mention of the micorwave or fuse in the wiring diagram and no sign of the fuse in the fuse /breaker panel

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about Elddis, but in our Swift Group Ace, the microwave just plugs into a conventional 3 pin plug socket behind it.

To remove our microwave you have to pull off the plastic trim surrounding it. Then unscrew a wooden baton above it which holds it in place and prevents it from bouncing out of the lower feet mounting holes.

Hope this helps.

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes.

Have the very same caravan, bought new in 2009 and had EXACTLY the same fault. Only additional information was our microwave tripped the Caravan Club circuit breaker as well as the vans before the fuse gave out and the microwave was completely dead.

Changing fuses in the van will not bring it back to life.

I took the van back to the supplying dealers to be told that I must have overloaded things and that they would replace the fuse ( which is apparently a non user service part INSIDE the microwave )as a matter of goodwill but was not covered under warranty and i should consider myself lucky not to to be billed.

When i complained and said that in my opinion i had not overloaded the electrics and firmly believed that the microwave was faulty i was told that i was wrong and that all would be well.

Next time out i used the ( Repaired ) microwave at lunch time with no other electrics on and it promptly gave out a loud flash from the door switch area, tripped the CC circuit breaker and the van circuit breaker and was again completely dead.

Immediately contacted dealers and advised them what had happened and said that this was not going to look good at a Coroners Court if someone is killed due to a faulty elecrical appliance which had already been reported, DOCUMENTED, but disregarded.

An immediate change of attitude was apparent and a new Microwave was ordered and fitted 2 weeks later. The new one has performed faultlessly so far.

Regards Darryl

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about Elddis, but in our Swift Group Ace, the microwave just plugs into a conventional 3 pin plug socket behind it.

To remove our microwave you have to pull off the plastic trim surrounding it. Then unscrew a wooden baton above it which holds it in place and prevents it from bouncing out of the lower feet mounting holes.

Hope this helps.
Not so on the Elddis 544. The microwave does not have a plug on it . It is connected directly into the mains electrics via strip connectors.I saw this when mine was out for replacement.

Darryl

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I will notify the dealer of the problem and just make do without the microwave until we are finished for the season

Regards Alex

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
our 2008 odyssy microwave is connected by a unique 3 pin cable socket. The cable is long enought to lift it onto the hob unit before pulling apart. I regulary remove ours as like now we are on a non EHU site for 6 weeks so we use the area for storage on site.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
our 2008 odyssy microwave is connected by a unique 3 pin cable socket. The cable is long enought to lift it onto the hob unit before pulling apart. I regulary remove ours as like now we are on a non EHU site for 6 weeks so we use the area for storage on site.
Hi Chris,

How easy is it and what's involved in removing the microwave

Regards Alex

Oct 22, 2007
Visit site
It's a very common problem on the Elddis vans 08 onwards and was still ongoing until recently. Had ours replaced after 12 months and the dealer had 5 others ready to send back with the same fault at that time and speaking to them recently they're still getting the odd problem, a couple even found on PDI. When ours went there apparently some dispute between Elddis and the manufacturer as to whose fault it was. Elldis for the vent which lets water in whan the wind drove it into the side(we had water dripping down the inside wall a couple of times) or insufficient venting by the manufacturer to dissipate the heat. Elldis now use a cover over the vent on newer vans to stop water ingress and the uprated microwave has a longer vent so heat is funnelled closer to the vent.

You can now get the round vent cover to fit the older vans but they want

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts