2010 Sterling Elite Searcher

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys .
Just a small issue with the above caravan.
Has anybody had problems with the led awning light as I three that have failed,
I can only assume that its aSwift issue but would like your cmments
Sir Roger

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sir Roger

I have the exact same van, 2010 sterling elite Searcher, I must it is the best van we have ever had, by far, not encountered the led problem,
but a couple of weeks ago we were returning from a jolly, the blue drain valve for the inboard water tank just fell off! on the motorway, almost hit the car behind, luckily there were with us, otherwise there would yet another angry "Anti-Caravaner"

I should check yours, the dealer is sourcing another from swift, the trouble is, the inboard tank cannot be used untill repaired.

hapy caravaning

Paul

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Paulfbu
Many thanks for that Paul but i think I was very luck y as when we , left site last time went to drain onboard tank and the pipe fell off in my hand .lucky or what
Yes a beautiful caravan just had a couple of things ,nothing serious but will get sorted like we turned the thermostat right down and still got heat at radiator under fixed bed but I think this is down to the fact the heater shares the same tank as the water heater.
Enjoy your Van
Kindest Regards Stewart

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ive known of a 5 people where their drain pipes have fallen off both the Sterling and the Swift,they are push fit so when they get knocked they fall off,i suppose if they were stuck together it would rip the water tank apart if they got knocked.
Interesting that they have now returned to having the tank inside the van?

My friend put a conical rubber bung in the pipe as you have another empty point just need to put your hand inside the tank and pull it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts