2016 Sterling grab rail removal

May 5, 2018
Visit site
If I remove the bolts holding the front grab rail will nuts fall off or are they bonded to the inside of the panel, they are higher than front locker so can't see behind front panel.

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi is it scratched so bad it's unusable or just cosmetic, we had one come off in my son's hand on an older caravan, lots of silkaflex squeezed in and just screwed back with fatter screws, it never came off again, but you didn't ask about that did you, the screws don't have bolts on, well I am more or less sure they don't and or ours would have pulled them through the van wall

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
You could always start screwing it off slowly and get a torch and see what's attached, I can't imagine it would be the case else if you took it in to a service center it would cost a fortune as they would have to either take the interior area out to get at it or the outside
How old is the van, it must be fairly new for a cosmetic scratch to make you want to replace it

May 27, 2014
Visit site
kevin1959 said:
Just cosmetic.local swift dealer will not part with their knowledge quoting all the money spent on training so why should we part with free info.
Typical british response - bet said dealer gave you sufficient information when you were purchasing the caravan

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
kevin1959 said:
Just cosmetic.local swift dealer will not part with their knowledge quoting all the money spent on training so why should we part with free info.

Hope you told him that the next van you buy, will not be from him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts