2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL TDI DSG 4Motion 5 Door

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi All
With me not well in September 2018 for 15 weeks ... (We will take the wheelchair /Travel Scooter)
We have decided to be on the safe side so we have hired the caravan below twice
Compass Omega 480/2 2 Berth End Washroom Caravan
The Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 SEL TDI 200BHP DSG 4Motion 5 Door
Detachabled Towbar 13pin we have the adaptable socket for the caravan
This will be the first time with this Towball & Caravan (i read somewhere you have to take the paint off is that correct if so what the best way ?
I also have a small trailer / ( Mobility Scooter) i have already use it with this it was great)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Beachball, sorry its not so good for you but keep at it,
The towball should be paint free, no matter, if your using an Alko type where the trailer hitch, grips the towball to give stability, or if your using a small trailer without the alko hitch, where you would apply a small amount of grease.
The problem would be when going back to the Alko type , you Must degrease the tow ball again. Normally A brake degreasent fluid. The normal paint removal way is sandpaper/ Carburundam /wet/dry paper until clean of all paint around the tow ball..

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi EH52ARH
i think the Compass Omega 480/2 caravan comes with a Winterhoff Stabiliser so that would be the same all the paint off the Towball . Thanks for all your help
We have not towed a caravan for 8 years now because of my ill health and hoping it like riding a horse again ..

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Beachball said:
Hi EH52ARH
i think the Compass Omega 480/2 caravan comes with a Winterhoff Stabiliser so that would be the same all the paint off the Towball . Thanks for all your help
We have not towed a caravan for 8 years now because of my ill health and hoping it like riding a horse again ..

Depends if you were using an American Saddle or a proper British one. , the Winterhoff is the same as Alko, NO Grease.
Best regards.
Hutch.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The VW should be well on top of the towing so you should have no problems there. I agree with the advice on towballs so good luck and hope all goes well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts