2019 Belgium grand prix

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
Has any one taken a caravan to the Belgium grand prix, we are looking at booking for 2019 but we are not sure if we should take the caravan or book in one of the pre pitched tents,any info would be great

Thanks
Ty

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I haven't but the thought off stopping in a tent !! :huh:
Bout a 3 hour drive from Calais through France pending on how far into Belgium it is . I'd rather take the van . But this all depends on where you live also to get down to Dover ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
I haven't but the thought off stopping in a tent !! :huh:
Bout a 3 hour drive from Calais through France pending on how far into Belgium it is . I'd rather take the van . But this all depends on where you live also to get down to Dover ?

Better start getting your International Driving Licence,Euro’s, non EH1C travel insurance, and reserve your spot on the M20 too. Only jesting as some fail to realise that we did go to Europe pre joining the EU, and going to Switzerland in the mid 1960s the only border we were not waved through was on entry to Switzerland.
Hope you can get a pitch at Spa. Even a tent would be okay as with enough Belgian Trappist beer you will sleep well anywhere.

Ty

Apr 18, 2018
Visit site
The grand prix is somewere we have been looking at going for a while, just not sure if to take the caravan or not we are thinking of traveling over night staying Thursday to Monday just not sure how busy it will be on arrival, a colleague did it this year and stayed in a tent he isnt the camping type but he loved it.just on the F1 website had to email them for more details

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
We sort of tripped over the track a few years ago. Goodwood Car Club were having a driving day and the circuit was freely open. Believe me the climb to Eau-Rouge is one heck of a lot steeper than it looks on TV - you have to walk up sideways!
The track is about 25 miles SE of Liege and about 20 miles West of the German border. There are a couple of good municipal sites in Liege for your caravan.

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Hi
Yes we went last year to it and booked and stayed through this company.

https://www.campingf1.com/events/belgian_grand_prix
Really well organised on fields with electric, food, bar and live music. Take levelling Ramps though as it's proper hilly there! If it rains it gets very muddy especially around the entrance to the field but the organisers are well prepared and put bark etc down to soak it all up. A few motor homes struggled to get moving so plenty of helpers (fellow caravaners etc) on tap to push them out.

It's a very steep walk from the site to the circuit but loads of locals will drive you up to the circuit for 20 euros.

I will use them again, very impressed with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts