240v aldi glass fuse keeps blowing

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if anyone has had the same problem as me. In the last two days i`ve had two 240v 10 amp aldi glass fuses blow in the 240v heating switch. I`m a bit worried because the fuse holder is now warped with the heat. Any ideas? Regards Peter. PS. the heater is a 2000KW type.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I think you need to get an engineer out to have a look, this could be down to something like a loose wire to a fault with the heater, the thing is though it is blowing the fuse for a reason.....to protect the device, the fuse has done this but has now damaged the fuse holder, so this should not be used until the problem is fixed.

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The problem was with the rubbishy switch that Elddis put in the van. On taking out the switch it was found that the fuse section had been glued on with a hot glue gun. The switch had started to melt. Protential fire hazzard. I have had this van from new 2011. The engineer said that the switches that Elddis use are rubbish, he had already fitted two new ones this week already. If you own a Elddis or Buccaneer please check that the 240V master switch to the alde heating isnt overheating. (10 amp fuse contacts). Peter

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Not suprised it turned out to be a faulty switch, I seen to remember that Fleetwood was about to recall their caravans to replace the Aldi spur switches.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts