3 hours of my life im never getting back

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
right here we go, I own a buccaneer elan 14 year 1991, i know shes as old as the hills but i adore her and cant bear to get rid of her, she has served me well for about 4 years without a problem but yesterday i set everything up to run some puriclean through the system and turned on the pressure switch to operate the submersable pump and after a quick light of the power switch there was nothing, assumed it was a fuse but ive checked them all( i think) got a multimeter and there just no power going to the pressure switch or the pump i would definately thought it was a fuse but they all check out even the inline one coming from the battery, has anyone ever encountered something like this before, thanks in advance

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes been there got the T-shirt :(

See this recent topic click here

Although mine was not a submersible pump I would suspect the checks would be near enough, the outcome was a "dry" joint, simple remedy BUT hours to find it, good luck and welcome to the forum.

Edit; check the pump hasnt seized first or disconnect it.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
What sort of fuse box do you have. Gagakev has the spade sort. The spades corrode in their housing blocking the current flow.
Remove them one by one. Clean with emery both the male and female bits.
Spray all the contact surfaces with a good quality electric contact spray. Refit and remove the fuse a few times. Spray again and refit .Check for power .
If that doesn't work and you are sure the pump is operational come back to the forum for further help.

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
yes my van has the spade type and i have cleaned them just as you suggested and still nothing, there doesnt seem to be any power to the fuse box at all, the lights are still working and i tried another pump so i no its not it, its all very frustrating, think its time to get in a professional im afraid, thanks for the advice though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts