3m depth or 2.5 metre depth awning...decisions decisions

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello all
I'm in the process of buying a new full size awning, after not having one for quite a few years. We always use the porch. In recent hols away we realised with the 2 large dogs and a couple of chairs we were quite snug in the porch. So my question is 3m or 2.5m.....depth that is, with only around £40 difference I've a feeling I may kick myself if I go for the slightly smaller, thinking of dog space and table and chairs. But also are these larger depth awnings welcome on most sights, we mainly use CC sights. Thanks for any info,

Regards
Ed

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
ed said:
But also are these larger depth awnings welcome on most sights, we mainly use CC sights.
Ask the CC help line about their sites
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Some sites do not allow a 3m awning as it reduces space between caravans. I think the 3m awning is more applicable to seasonal sites.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I never had a site problem when I had a 3m awning. No-one ever asked how big it was. But I did have a major problem with water puddling on the roof, no matter how tight I tensioned it. After struggling with it for a year or two I had it "tailored" in all directions, but never cured it.I eventually gave it away. A lovely dry weather awning, but NBG in the rain!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I would say that, if you can manage with the smaller awning then go for that one.

I think that, normally, either would do but occasionally you may find a pitch where you would struggle to fit the caravan, awning and towcar all on the pitch - commercial sites particularly (Park Dean, Sandford for example!)

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Thank you all, I think because of the reasons uncheck as space on the pitch, or the water on the roof, we will go for the slightly smaller....thanks again....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts