4x4 convert

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Whats a Eurobox ??

and when does a car start and stop being one ??

Surely with the cost of buying and running a car it should be exactly what you asked for !! If it isn't change it quick.

Less we forget a car is only good as the following,

1. The designers

2. The Engineers

3. The parts assemblers

4. The car assemblers

5. The dealer and the marker for servicing the thing and standing by it when it goes wrong.

If all those are in order your very lucky or probably driving something Japanese.

MH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like a Nissan that's built in Sunderland, a Honda that is built just up the road from me and the Toyota Avensis that is built in Derby, I presume.

You certainly know your cars MH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have driven in more 4x4's than most I suspect. Including a rural Funeral Director who when asked why he gas an Isusu Trooper on his fleet says " Because some silly f**ker always dies in the middle of a field".

In my view NOTHING beats a Land Rover product in ability or capability or endurance.

But I am biased and welcome all comers prove me wrong.

I hate people who are just one marque junkies!

4x4's are incredible vehicles from a little Suzuki (who I have seen run rings round bigger vehicles) to Defenders that are awsome!

As the advert says (and I am a cynic about such things!)"one day you will be glad you are in a LandRover. Having just done a round trip of nearly 400 miles in a day in air conditioned comfort and oodles of power, as well as what can only be described as "sure footedness" - I cannot see how anyone would want to do anything else?

But then, the Trooper is a great vehicle! As is the Pajero and the Patrol (what a beast that Nissan is on Sand!) and that Suzuki is light enough to beat many in the mud but not that good at towing.

Lighten up everyone! a 4x4 of any type will outperform a boring eurobox anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Just accept it you anti's and focus your attention on saving the whale, the frog, the moth etc etc, because if you do, no doubt you will find one of tne afformentioned 4x4's helping you do just that.
Always liked the Alfa's Lol

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have driven in more 4x4's than most I suspect. Including a rural Funeral Director who when asked why he gas an Isusu Trooper on his fleet says " Because some silly f**ker always dies in the middle of a field".

In my view NOTHING beats a Land Rover product in ability or capability or endurance.

But I am biased and welcome all comers prove me wrong.

I hate people who are just one marque junkies!

4x4's are incredible vehicles from a little Suzuki (who I have seen run rings round bigger vehicles) to Defenders that are awsome!

As the advert says (and I am a cynic about such things!)"one day you will be glad you are in a LandRover. Having just done a round trip of nearly 400 miles in a day in air conditioned comfort and oodles of power, as well as what can only be described as "sure footedness" - I cannot see how anyone would want to do anything else?

But then, the Trooper is a great vehicle! As is the Pajero and the Patrol (what a beast that Nissan is on Sand!) and that Suzuki is light enough to beat many in the mud but not that good at towing.

Lighten up everyone! a 4x4 of any type will outperform a boring eurobox anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Just accept it you anti's and focus your attention on saving the whale, the frog, the moth etc etc, because if you do, no doubt you will find one of tne afformentioned 4x4's helping you do just that.
Gio - 400 miles was only mentioned because that was the milage I did that day.

For goodness sake stop spoiling for a fight.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Like a Nissan that's built in Sunderland, a Honda that is built just up the road from me and the Toyota Avensis that is built in Derby, I presume.

You certainly know your cars MH
How interesting Clive You couldn't answer the question ... it's not hard it just requires you to think...................

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Gio - 400 miles was only mentioned because that was the milage I did that day.

For goodness sake stop spoiling for a fight.
spoiling for a fight?

give over, thats not even a reply!

some of my previous post was removed?

It was in reply to your statement about 4x4 outperforming anything, anyday of the week.!

Now that sort of statement is spoiling for a fight,and YOU wrote it !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can not believe you need to ask the question!

A Eurobox was the name first coined for the "three box" (saloon) and two box (hatchback) cars that were all designed by computer but seemed to use the same program.

Ford Fiesta & VW Polo being a good example. Vauxhall Cavalier and the Nissan Primara. (later built in Sunderland before you get excited)

All look remarkably similar, boring and staid. Jeremy Clarkson used the phrase repeatedly as a derogatory term. Still does in his Sunday Times articles from time to time.

Here endeth the lesson.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

I asked the question as it would be interesting to have YOUR opinion on it, The problem with a comment like "Euroboxes" is that it means different things to different people, I accept your version as it sounds entirely credible. It's a bit like me saying to people why I don't like "far east cars on the whole - because of the switch gear which to my just feels wrong ..

If you look at the most famous designers ITAL design, pininfarina etc they have made lots of cars look the same but the difference is subtle. Just look at the Aston Martin designer was revered one minute and designed the Sasanyong Mussso and got slaughtered !!

Not sure which design house designed the VW Golf MK1 and the LR Freelander but I remember Clarkson saying the the same co had a hand in both and was Italian.

To me a eurobox is a mass produced eurppean made car which sells by the millions something akin to a Ford Focus .no bad thing either

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts