5 berth family tourer

May 26, 2006
Visit site
We are a family of 5 with children aged 7,5 and 2 and are looking to purchase our first tourer and have a budget of around £8,000. We like the idea of a 5 berth so that you get two separate living areas which you don't get with the 6 berth tourers that have fixed bunk beds. I would welcome any advice as to make, layout etc. especialy from anyone who caravans with 3 young children as the choice seems endless! We will be towing with a 2.0TDCI S-Max so I think based on the 85% rule we should be able to pull most single axle 5 berths.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew, We have three children 5 and 2 year old twins. We purchased our first van, a Lunar Quasar 615 in Nov 2005. It is a 5 berth, with fixed bunks at the back and a side dinette which converts to a single bed. This area is great as the children use the table for colouring, jigsaws etc. I like the fixed bunks as you can leave the beds made hence only having to make up the single and our double each night. The area at the back also has a sliding door which shuts off the childrens bedroom area. This is our second year with this van and we are very happy with the layout and we never seem to feel cramped. I have to say we were pulling our hair out last summer as the twins were at that stage when they pressed every button or turned every dial they could get their hands on and we were forever checking the fridge, gas cooker - everything. We have just been away for Easter and they were much better so hopefully things will get easier from now. Hope this helps. Denise

May 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew, We have three children 5 and 2 year old twins. We purchased our first van, a Lunar Quasar 615 in Nov 2005. It is a 5 berth, with fixed bunks at the back and a side dinette which converts to a single bed. This area is great as the children use the table for colouring, jigsaws etc. I like the fixed bunks as you can leave the beds made hence only having to make up the single and our double each night. The area at the back also has a sliding door which shuts off the childrens bedroom area. This is our second year with this van and we are very happy with the layout and we never seem to feel cramped. I have to say we were pulling our hair out last summer as the twins were at that stage when they pressed every button or turned every dial they could get their hands on and we were forever checking the fridge, gas cooker - everything. We have just been away for Easter and they were much better so hopefully things will get easier from now. Hope this helps. Denise
Thanks Denise, Thats really helpful, I didn't realise you could get a 5 berth tourer with fixed bunks. Hope thinks continue to get easier with the twins!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts