A bit hairy!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That's for a car licence, reversing is certainly still a part of the HGV test. It has to be done, and passed, prior to leaving tge test centre. Tgere is talk kf tge reversing "test" being carried out, by the training school, prior to attending the test centre. What coukd possibly go wrong with that I wonder.
Too much vino? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So, we are on a pitch on the section here at Old Oaks called the Top Oaks, with the pitch backed up to a hill…. I heard the patter of rain on the rooflight above the bed this afternoon while I was in the lounge area ( oooh get me, in the lounge area🤣🤣🤣), but the rain never reached the front of the caravan….
And there’s a remote controlled lawnmower cutting the grass in our area, and it’s still going after at least 5 hrs…. The invisible man must be knackered by now🤣🤣🤣
Nice place the Old Oaks sounds like you have a good pitch there a nice fishing lake hope you pack a rod enjoy

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Gorgeous day today, lovely blue skies ( a few more photos added to the album.)
I am bucking the trend though and being rebellious…. It’s Saturday but I am wearing socks that say Tuesday🤣🤣🤣

View my photos at: https://steve1962.smugmug.com/Old-Oaks

Steve
When we arrived at the Old Oaks I needed to spend a penny before pitching. I went to what I thought was the toilet block and looked through the window at the leather settee in your picture, so went wandering. I ended up back there. It just looked far too posh to be the loos.

John

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
When we arrived at the Old Oaks I needed to spend a penny before pitching. I went to what I thought was the toilet block and looked through the window at the leather settee in your picture, so went wandering. I ended up back there. It just looked far too posh to be the loos.

John
The smartest facilities block I have seen on a site.
The whole site is a credit to the owners and staff and we will definitely be coming back here.
Still got six days here.
Steve

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
1711902661458.jpeg

Having a Whale of a time🤣🤣🤣… the cover flap snapped when I went to adjust it 🤬. Gonna order from Amazon and get new one delivered to the site. Design patent applied for with my new “every caravanner should have one “ and have applied to go on Dragons Den🤣🤣🤣

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
It started raining again at around 9.30 pm, and it hasn’t stopped.
Such a fierce continuous downpour too, it’s just incessant and very heavy.
I hope everyone else caught up in this is safe.

Steve

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Started raining here at 8.30pm as we walked back from the pub and continued through the night, rain on a caravan roof sends me to sleep. Clear blue skies this morning though.

Reactions: Steve1962
Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Bought a replacement cover for the whale master, instructions say unscrew the whole thing and then attach new cover, screw the whole thing back on and then use sealant…., I wonder if I can put it on without having to remove the whole unit?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Really poured down last night in Gloucestershire. Returned home this morning and on the way north there was a 4 car pile up on M5. All in the fast lane. Nothing too serious with a number of cars with front and rear dings.

However on the way back we had a right numpty in front of us. We were doing about 58mph in nearside lane when he over took us and then move into the nearside lane. Suddenly for no reason, they braked quite hard although there was nothing in front of them.

Luckily when they did cut in front of us I started braking gently anyway to maintain a decent gap between the cars. Twice after that they would slow down and brake when there was not reason. They then turned off at the next junction.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Really poured down last night in Gloucestershire. Returned home this morning and on the way north there was a 4 car pile up on M5. All in the fast lane. Nothing too serious with a number of cars with front and rear dings.

However on the way back we had a right numpty in front of us. We were doing about 58mph in nearside lane when he over took us and then move into the nearside lane. Suddenly for no reason, they braked quite hard although there was nothing in front of them.

Luckily when they did cut in front of us I started braking gently anyway to maintain a decent gap between the cars. Twice after that they would slow down and brake when there was not reason. They then turned off at the next junction.
Anti-caravanner perhaps?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

There’s a large cult of solo drivers, not youngsters, who can’t stand a caravan in front of them. They speed up , overtake, usually cut in too early , and then drop back to say 55 when I’m doing a leisurely 58. So you go to overtake and they deliberately speed up. Best relax and let them go . Annoying but sadly a breed who need sorting

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
With inclement weather due in the South West over the weekend, we decided to head home from Old Oaks a day early.
Cracking site, and although the weather was "changeable" it didn't put us off. We'll definitely be going back to that site as we loved it.
The traffic on the M5 North was heavy, with plenty of motorhomes and cars towing caravans amongst them - I wonder if some of them made the same decision as we did.

Next trip away is to Back of Beyond.

Stay safe all.

Steve

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
My lad came home today, instead of tomorrow, from a site near Bristol, because of the weather. Heavy, heavy traffic, took him three hours to get there and 6 hours to get back. weather related, yes.

Reactions: Steve1962
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
With inclement weather due in the South West over the weekend, we decided to head home from Old Oaks a day early.
Cracking site, and although the weather was "changeable" it didn't put us off. We'll definitely be going back to that site as we loved it.
The traffic on the M5 North was heavy, with plenty of motorhomes and cars towing caravans amongst them - I wonder if some of them made the same decision as we did.

Next trip away is to Back of Beyond.

Stay safe all.

Steve
We are booked into Back of Beyond in June so a review would be nice. (y)

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Has back of beyond got gold plated bogs, and when showering do vestal Virgins scrub your back? Reason I'm asking I googled it for a week in June and it was £300+ for me and the wife. Yes I'm a scotsman but even those prices are extracting the urine.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Has back of beyond got gold plated bogs, and when showering do vestal Virgins scrub your back? Reason I'm asking I googled it for a week in June and it was £300+ for me and the wife. Yes I'm a scotsman but even those prices are extracting the urine.
I Agree, that's what it's doing.

Reactions: Hutch

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We are booked into Back of Beyond in June so a review would be nice. (y)
A review from Steve would be great.

In the meantime, I don’t know if you go on You Tube at all, but there are videos on there of Back of Beyond. Have a look at Mac and Sarah for instance. Looks like an excellent site but priced at the upper end.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS