A bit of a shock!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I read something the other day that said if you bake your own cakes at home then there’s no calories in them and the same is when driving if you don’t look at the speed signs then they don’t count

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was also thinking that with the vehicle doing very low mileage that maybe the premium fuel would help when I do use it as at the moment most round trip journeys are about 24 miles.
I am even lucky if i do 24 miles in three weeks at present so i do put the better fuel in as a treat

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dusty must have been out on an Essential Journey :eek: Didn't know of the essential journey rule of 5 miles. I transgressed going to Swindon BQ two days ago.
Yes Clive more than 5 miles. Bath BMI Knee Hospital. Interestingly a lot of my friends and neighbours have travelled to Bishops Cleeve , Gloucester, Swindon and Bristol for their first jab. I was lucky having mine done at the local Docs.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Wife was passing a local Asda supermarket price for Petrol £120.7 Premium Petrol n/a ..... Diesel £123.7 Premium Diesel n/a....

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes Clive more than 5 miles. Bath BMI Knee Hospital. Interestingly a lot of my friends and neighbours have travelled to Bishops Cleeve , Gloucester, Swindon and Bristol for their first jab. I was lucky having mine done at the local Docs.
Hope it went well Dusty. A friend of ours is having her second knee op in two weeks at Bath Circle hospital. In 18 months she has had one hip, one knee and now the second knee. All NHS funded at Bath Circle. Cannot complain at that service even without a pandemic.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dusty Hope your operation and recovery is successful with no further ill effects

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hope it went well Dusty. A friend of ours is having her second knee op in two weeks at Bath Circle hospital. In 18 months she has had one hip, one knee and now the second knee. All NHS funded at Bath Circle. Cannot complain at that service even without a pandemic.
Thanks Clive. Is that the BMI hospital. Yes , private but NHS funded!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Clive. Is that the BMI hospital. Yes , private but NHS funded!
It’s the one just outside of Bath near Radstock. It’s private and was set up by a group of GPs but does carry out NHS operations as required. Our friend has had her previous two ops at the Circle, and her third one will be there too. The other long established one in Bath is Bath Clinic at Claverton Down.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did try the car on the premium stuff once when towing to see if it helped. It did feel a bit more lively but not enough to justify the price difference.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did try the car on the premium stuff once when towing to see if it helped. It did feel a bit more lively but not enough to justify the price difference.
Most people don’t seem to notice any difference whilst driving. I use it for the higher detergent content which wouldn’t be an issue if I used the tow car more.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Most people don’t seem to notice any difference whilst driving. I use it for the higher detergent content which wouldn’t be an issue if I used the tow car more.
Same here as no idea if I get more MPG or performance however it does seem to run better i.e. quieter, but could be my over active imagination! :ROFLMAO:

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It may be your imagination that thinks its is doing better. You have paid more for what should be a better product so you think you are getting batter performance.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It may be your imagination that thinks its is doing better. You have paid more for what should be a better product so you think you are getting batter performance.

I have no idea if it is doing better in any area, but does seem quieter. I only ise the premium 2 - 3 times year for the detergent effect and certainly do not expect better performance and mpg. :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts