A CL Site

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello
I saw a post on this forum a few days ago but its disappeared, it was about Walker CL site in Sutton on Trent just off the A1 & about overcrowding the site with more than 5 vans.
I don't know why it's been taken off because it was good warning to other van users.
I have on 2 occasions witnessed this my self, its shame realy becase its a nice site just spoilt with overcrowding & blatently abusing club rules

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i went to a CL last week and it was my first time on a CL it said 1 acre but im sure it was 0.25. It said showers on the cc web site so i thought more than one okay and toilet so i thought i could cope with 1 toilet between 5 vans max. my youngest thought it was great play on the grass opposite for days until another 4 caravans arrived so 9 in total. also the caravan next door which was empty when we arrived an older couple arrived the day after us and then so did the rest of there family another 2 adults and 5 kids. so nine in the van next to us. there must have been over 30 people on this CL and it was a small shower and toilet in one room. the septic tank must also have needed to be changed because we had a constant smell of neat sewage it was vile. there was also a charge for the shower which it doesnt state in the book or on line either 50p a shower so that added £2.00 per day on the already paying £15.50 a day for a CL which i was told £14 pn when i booked. to top it off they had chickens roaming free which should be stated in the cc book or on line, so chicken poo everywhere. that came in the van and the car grrrrr.
when we arrived i went to go in the front locker and there was a chicken nesting in there grrrr.

it has put me off a bit so when i ring them now and ask the questions i want to know i get are you a caravanner because you ask alot of questions.

jo x

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i went to a CL last week and it was my first time on a CL it said 1 acre but im sure it was 0.25. It said showers on the cc web site so i thought more than one okay and toilet so i thought i could cope with 1 toilet between 5 vans max. my youngest thought it was great play on the grass opposite for days until another 4 caravans arrived so 9 in total. also the caravan next door which was empty when we arrived an older couple arrived the day after us and then so did the rest of there family another 2 adults and 5 kids. so nine in the van next to us. there must have been over 30 people on this CL and it was a small shower and toilet in one room. the septic tank must also have needed to be changed because we had a constant smell of neat sewage it was vile. there was also a charge for the shower which it doesnt state in the book or on line either 50p a shower so that added £2.00 per day on the already paying £15.50 a day for a CL which i was told £14 pn when i booked. to top it off they had chickens roaming free which should be stated in the cc book or on line, so chicken poo everywhere. that came in the van and the car grrrrr.
when we arrived i went to go in the front locker and there was a chicken nesting in there grrrr.

when i got home and read the rules of the CL's it clearly states no more than 5 vans at any one time. so its just down to greed.

it has put me off a bit so when i ring them now and ask the questions i want to know i get are you a caravanner because you ask alot of questions.

jo x

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I wondered when somebody else was going to post a comment about this Walkers, its an absolute disgrace he should not be allowed to do what he does, its a bit similar to jour experience Jo, 1 toilet & shower together & not too sparkling at that.
There were 8 van when I was on, luckily I was only on for 2 nights, but it was still a bad experience, would not go back for a pension.

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I wondered when somebody else was going to post a comment about this Walkers, its an absolute disgrace he should not be allowed to do what he does, its a bit similar to jour experience Jo, 1 toilet & shower together & not too sparkling at that.
There were 8 van when I was on, luckily I was only on for 2 nights, but it was still a bad experience, would not go back for a pension.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Well if you do not like whats going on on a CL you can always ring the club and put in an official complaint

It will be checked out and dealt with if they are breaking the rules

Some cl's have a 5 licence with the CC and they can have another 5 with council licence So be sure of your facts before complaining

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Some friends of ours are away on a CL at the moment. They mostly use CLs and have been caravanning for years.
The site is at Braunston Marina and they said it's the worse site they've ever been on.
The site is a sloping field and boaters use it to walk their dogs as do others so basically you're pitched on the dog walk
smiley-smile.gif
The toilet emptying point is a 1/4 of a mile away as is the pay for showers.
They have to share the EHU with the boaters and it tripped umpteen times the first day. They have gone with friends and have pitched next to one another but for some reason, maybe shortage of space, cars park between their vans.
I've found three reviews for the site and none of them brilliant so beware.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Joanne, where was the site? (txt me if you don't want to put it on here).

You have two dogs, why didn't you tether them outside the van, that would have kept the chucks chucks away.
smiley-laughing.gif

We've used quite a few CL's, no problems bar one which is very very local (drive up to it is like pot hole heaven). I guess we must be lucky.

Lisa
p.s. Was the site on Armcher?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts