A good CL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just returned from holiday and were lucky enough to spend a week on the CL belonging to Eddie and Ros Startup.For Caravan Club members ( page 439 ) Pear Tree House Malton Road,Helperthorpe.They were so helpful...fetching Sunday newspapers for us,telephoning local restaurants to make table bookings,suggesting day trips etc.etc.They also had self catering cottages adjacent to the CL.My daughter and family were in one and the standard was excellent ( 4****)We can thoroughly recommend staying there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I quite agree Maureen. We were actually on the CL site when you were leaving (we had the 2 small children).

I would certainly recommend this CL site to anyone. 20 minute drive to the coast, local places of interest, whilst in a quiet location. The couple who run the CL were extremely helpful. We will certainly be going back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I quite agree Maureen. We were actually on the CL site when you were leaving (we had the 2 small children).

I would certainly recommend this CL site to anyone. 20 minute drive to the coast, local places of interest, whilst in a quiet location. The couple who run the CL were extremely helpful. We will certainly be going back.
Nice to meet a fellow forum user! Good CLs need more publicity.

Have also written to the Club to say how much we enjoyed ourselves.Regards from Maureen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This site is on our 'to visit' list. We did a reccy of the area earlier in the year and saw a few sites worth visiting. The one in the next village behind the pub looks nice too. Glad you enjoyed your stay, I always like to go to recommended CL's

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Just to get up to date, I've recently stayed here with the new management. I believe the all hard standing is new, the toilets and shower looked new too.
"Such a nice welcome, everything was as described. Nice quiet site, just the occasional owl call at night and a few aircraft displaying overhead in the day :)
With two toilets and a very nice shower in a portakabin. Hard standing throughout. Twenty minute drive to York, Bridlington, Scarborough. Fifteen minutes walk to choice of two pubs doing food. What more could you want?
Hope to return before too long.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts