A recovery company for caravans only?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Do they give you a breakdown policy? I think the breakdown is for the duration of the lease which is normally 3 years. The person with the mobility vehicle probably does not have the option to see the policy or renew it. Maybe BB can enlighten us?
Even if you do not personally have a copy of the policy if its arranged through Mobility, the scheme and the features it includes or excludes should be fully explained in the mobility literature you see and sign.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Even if you do not personally have a copy of the policy if its arranged through Mobility, the scheme and the features it includes or excludes should be fully explained in the mobility literature you see and sign.
Mobility have a standard breakdown policy for the vehicle only and not the caravan. If you need the caravan recovered, generally you need to make your own arrangements whether that is through Motablity or not.

When I had a Motability car, I still had Mayday cover for which I paid in addition to the RAC breakdown cover. You did not get a copy of the breakdown policy as Motability were leasing on your behalf and then leasing it again to the customer.

They did not explain anything in the documentation about breakdown cover except to say that only the motor vehicle was covered for breakdown as the majority of people with a Motability vehicle would not be towing a caravan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The two Clubs recognised decades ago caravanners required a far broader breakdown Insurance than a solo car.
I have just renewed my CAMC Mayday cover £137.00. Not the cheapest but one of the best most comprehensive tailor made caravan car breakdown policies available .The C&CC. cover is virtually identical.
You get what you pay for, I can sleep easy .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The two Clubs recognised decades ago caravanners required a far broader breakdown Insurance than a solo car.
I have just renewed my CAMC Mayday cover £137.00. Not the cheapest but one of the best most comprehensive tailor made caravan car breakdown policies available .The C&CC. cover is virtually identical.
You get what you pay for, I can sleep easy .
Ours is the top level cover for two cars. Not sure what it costs, but probably about the same or less? I am not sure if premium depends on age of car?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts