A variation on a Swift Challenger faulty door lock!

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Picked up my new (2011) Swift Challenger 530 on Friday and all was well. Took it home and was in and out it as you do locking and unlocking it several times when inside the house. Got up on Saturday morning and went to switch the heating on for the grandchildren's inspection visit and found that the key would not turn in the lock. Thinking that it was perhaps iced up I applied de-icer, and heating from a hair dryer all to no avail. Eventually hooked it up and took it back to the dealer which is, thankfully, local (and excellent to deal with over the years) only to find that the dealer's master key opened the lock effortlessly whilst the key for the caravan still would not work!. He checked and it would seem I have the correct key. I have left it there for the mechanics to see it on Monday. Anyone else had a similar problem where the lock itself seems to function but the key supplied will not work.

I detest it when a problem arises with something which I have only just bought.

Lawrence

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lawrence
You should have received two sets of keys with your new Swift. Did both sets of keys fail to open the caravan? I have a new Swift Conqueror so would be interested in the outcome of your problem. Would you please post the outcome.
Hamer

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hamer
The lock had a bent tooth or pawl on the barrel of the lock caused,apparently,by turning the lock before the key was fully home. New lock fitted and all ok now.

Lawrence

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I've just bought an ABI Sprinter. Just the second time I went to the van, the 'cubby doors' wouldn't open with the keys. OK, mine's a used van, but it's strange isn't it? I'm going to go back with some WD40 and try to get them open, if that works, I'll apply a little grease.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Milenco secure door handle was extra secure when it froze as the key wouldn't go in
smiley-surprised.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts