Abbey Fixed Beds

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a new Aventura 319 with fixed rear bed. My wife and I had problems with sleeping comfortably on the bed and thought it was because the mattress was hard and not a sprung one. Having contacted Swift Leisure about the problem they say that the mattress is a sprung one that is standard throughout their range. Has anyone else with an Abbey experienced the same discomfort with their fixed bed? Has anyone cured the problem and can share their their method? My back would be very appreciated!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cannot say we have had that problem with out GTS Vogue and its fixed bed. It is very comfortable and the mattress is fully sprung.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have just take delivery of a GTS 420 with a fixed bed.I find it very comfortable, but my other half finds it far to hard and it makes her back bad. I was considering the foam overlay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a comfort problem with the fixed bed on the Ace (Swift clone).The mattress folded down the middle and it started to sag along the fold.Swift arranged for the manufacturer "Leisure Furnishings" to collect the mattress and they re-upholstered it and at our request left out the fold.This is much better but more difficult to access under the bed.Later vans use a different system without the fold.

Leisure Furnishings on 01159463666 will be able to advise you and Wendy or Elaine were very helpful to us.

At home we have a foam mattress with the eggbox overlay and that is very comfortable

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts