Abbey Freestyle 560 SE

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
We currently have a Lunar Solar Eclipse 524 4 berth 2001 and want to change for a 6 berth ..i love it but we do need the extra space.

We are off to view an Abbey Freestyle 560 SE tomorrow , can anyone on here help us with what to look out for ( good and bad) with this model ??

I cant find much info on the internet about Abbey freestyle as in their weight , dimensions etc ??? Is this part of another group or am i looking in the wrong place !

many thanks

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Jem,

Abbey Freestyle were Dealer Specials made for Lowdhams. Swift own the brand name but as part of a model rationalisation program in 2008/9 stopped producing Abbey.

Now known as Swift Freestyle are still made for Lowdhams they are based on the Charisma range. May give you some idea of specs dependant on age.

You could also ask swift on their forum at http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/ for details of the specific model/year.

http://www.lowdhams.com/new-caravans/style-range/freestyle-by-swift

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Academic really but Perthshire do not currently offer NEW Freestyle.

The fact is that Freestyle Caravans - The best-selling special edition touring caravans, are currently built exclusively for Lowdhams by Swift Group.

The OP is going to view a Freestyle 560 SE tomorrow and asked for info re weights etc.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Thank B4bill for your help- much appreciated

Have i got this right , they dont make the Abbey Freestyle no more & have been taken over by Swift ??

The Abbey Freestyle 560 SE caravan we are viewing tomorrow is a 2004 ....

with the links you posted i couldn't find any 560's ??

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Jem,

Abbey Caravans were bought by Swift Group some time ago and for a while Swift made and marketed 6 different brands along side one another, Bessacar, Swift, Abbey, Sterling, Ace and Sprite identical layouts but differences in quality of furnishings, with some standard items in one model,offered as optional extras in others.

Copy and paste this link

http://www.derbycaravancentre.com/usedcaravan-forsale.php?VanID=0359-abbey-freestyle-560-se
will show you an advert from Derby Caravan Centre for a 2006 560se for

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jem

There were two versions of the Abbey Freestyle 560 SE, the pre facelift model and the newer version of the same caravan which was heavier.

Click Here to see both versions on our Caravan Finder site. Click on the details and you will see the weights and dimensions of both versions.

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Academic really but Perthshire do not currently offer NEW Freestyle.

The fact is that Freestyle Caravans - The best-selling special edition touring caravans, are currently built exclusively for Lowdhams by Swift Group.

The OP is going to view a Freestyle 560 SE tomorrow and asked for info re weights etc.
Indeed Perthshire do not supply new Freestyles - but since the OP stated it was an ABBEY Freestyle rather than a Swift I deuduced they were not looking at a new 'van.

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Indeed Perthshire do not supply new Freestyles - but since the OP stated it was an ABBEY Freestyle rather than a Swift I deuduced they were not looking at a new 'van.
Is this part of another group or am i looking in the wrong place

The reason for advising the OP of Swift being the successors to Abbey.

I cant find much info on the internet about Abbey freestyle as in their weight , dimensions etc ???

The reason for telling him of the Lowdham dealer special on Charisma base. Layout the same, weight similar. Not necessarily new since Swift stopped making Abbey in 2008.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts