Abbey lancaster 1985 spring clean

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
good evening all i have a 1985 Abby lancaster with two small problems and would love to hear any advice.

the first is that the van has a musty smell left over from damp which i have long since repaired its not too bad but noticable on some days, this was due to a leak on the roof seal, my question is does anyone know of a way of getting rid of the smell other than the tried and tested methods of air feshner and so on, ive been told a cup of salt works but im not so sure.

the other is the tatty lettering on the van due to its age the lettering is pealing off the van, would it be better to remove all the lettering and decials or is there anywhere i can get new lettering to match the old.

many thanks Dave

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
David.

If you have a good sighn writer(that's the digital vinyl graphic type} a good digital photo of the sign and he should be able to copy from disk or scan/digitise from a good photo and sixe to the same as you have if you give hime the measurements. And he will match the colour near enough.

As for smell, try leaving a plug in air freshner running if nothing else!

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
Try Fabreeze spray on all the furnishings, canvas proof in the shower cubicle and 'Bounce' (tumble dryer sheets) in all the cupboards etc they also keep vermin out (mice not chavs!).

I'd also recomend getting use of a dehumidifier, on the other hand it might be the smell from the waste water pipes, try a drop of bleach in these too!

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
David, you know your 'van has had a dampness problem, which you've repaired. Did you dry the affected areas completely or just fix the leak and wait for the 'van to dry out? If it's the latter I would recommend a good source of heat to affected area and a dehumidifier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts