Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
hi we have a abbey vogue 540.We have just found out that the lock can not be undone with the key,very stiff to turn.The main problem is that we are away for 2 weeeks and unable to lock door.I have taken the lock off and used wd40 but no good.The site we are staying on is an abbey stockist and we asked there ,but was told to refer back to where we bought our one from.Has any one come across this and know of an easy fix.Other wise its a round trip of 200 hundred miles and they proably wont be able to sort out sraight away. Thanks peter

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Peter,

Wd40 is not the thing to use on a lot of plastics. This problem was discussed not so long ago and if I remember correctly remove the shaft and rub it down with a bit of emery etc.

Use silicon grease/ spray to lubricate.

I will try and find the thread and let you know

Jim

Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi jim thanks for the quick reply.I can see the shaft the part with circlip on it .if i remove that and rub down the shaft then use some silicone grease that might do it.thanks peter

Aug 6, 2007
Visit site
just a note to this post,we are staying at homestead site at weeley and what a great service.spoke to them about this monday morning by dinner time they had come and fitted a new lock .Credit where credit is due a big thanks to all at Homestead caravans .thanks peter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts