Abbey wood site and London

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking to travel to London in April and stay at Abbey Wood. Do the London pass with travel cover this far (Zone 6)? Is the London pass worth buying? plan to visit Tower, London Zoo, Trip on river, Covent garden, The eye etc Two adults one walkig disabled and 9 year old. Any suggestions of other places to go with child greatly appreciated. Also reasonable places to eat. Many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The best cards to get are the 1 day travel cards that you can use on the underground and buses,These cover all the zones so they would be good for you.You can get them at the train station or sweet shops.Keep a eye on your wallet and bags as there are a lot of pick pockets in London.Have a look on the web site for TLF for good info

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Helen, we stayed at Abbey Wood in May, needless to say, the site was A1 (if you look back on this forum to about July /August you should find quite a bit of info about the site) We found it excellent. Train Station at the bottom of the hill (5 minute walk), The journey time into London was about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the number of stops, with trains about every 20 minutes during the day, a little longer later at night. A day rover (valid from 9.30 a.m) covered rail, tube, and bus with a discount on a river trip. The warden has lots of info. Trips on the "Eye" can be pre booked, so avoiding the queues. We considered the London Pass, but would have needed to be Superman and Woman to get our moneysworth out of it. Sightseeing in London is very hard work, so we planned our days and tried to do one or two visits a day,followed by an "easier" day i.e. The Tower and Westminster Abbey in one day,follwed by a day at Greenwich, but even that was hard going. So take a tip and don't try to fit too much in. (Hence the comment about superman!)The highlight of our trip was "Tea at the Ritz" to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, and dinner at the Oxo building with my nephew. We were going to spend one day sightseeing and then go on to a show, but found we were both shattered by the evening.(I'm a fit 60 and Joan is a fit 55, but as I said, London can be very tiring) Have a good trip, Barney.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts