Abergavenny, local knowledge needed.

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I will be travelling on the A40 east through Abergavenny to the CC site at Brecon.

My question is, is it wise to travel through Abergavenny on the A40 or by-pass the town using the A465 and then cut north back on the A40.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I am assuming you are coming from the M50, A449, A40 and when you get to the roundabout where the A40 meets the A465, go onto the A465(heads of the valleys Rd)and get off at the first left turn sign posted Neville Hall Hospital. You then pick up the A40 to Brecon. I satyed at Brynich in April and I am booked in again for a week in July.

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
when we have been to brecon we always go through abergavenny the other way that by passes the town is not much different . the town is not too bad. follow the directions and you wont go wrong . most people we spoke to at brynich came the same way.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Have a look on Google maps. I have been both ways and taking the A40 down Monmouth Rd takes you through the town centre. Great with a caravan on the back. In my opinion its alot easier and quicker to go down the A465 and take the A4143 but its entirely your choice.

By the way, the ride on the canal barge from the basin in Brecon is a great way to while away a couple of hours. The barge is called " Dragon Fly" as is owned by my cousin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts