Aberystwyth Holiday Village

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
We have just come back from this site and were very disapointed. When we booked up in january we asked if all facilities were open and we were told they were. WE paid or £20 a night fee that is with the awning 2 extra people and 1 dog total for weekend =£60. When we arrived we were directed to the middle of the site where we got stuck in the mud we had to pitch the caravan on a service road where we could not put up our awning. My sons went over to the reception to see about the swimming pool and were told the pool does not open until easter weekend. My wife then went over to see the the warden and was told quite abruptly we should have checked the internet, where it states that all facilities do not open until easter weekend but the bar will be open at 6pm. We decided we could not stay at this site with the attitude shown to us so we looked for another site. We found a wonderful site appox 5 miles outside of Aberystwyth over looking the sea, the warden was very friendly and told us we are not the first to leave that site because of the attitude. Has anyone else had good or bad experiences of this site or were we just unlucky

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have not been for about 4years but it wasbit rough then, the toilets and showers left a lot to be desired, pretty dirty and run down. The caravans were not set out in any pattern and seemed to be scattered every where. It was a bank holiday, we went out on the Saturday morning and it was pretty quiet. When we returned later in the day we could hardly find our caravan it was surrounded in a higgldy piggildy mass of vans just seem to be abandoned any where that the hook up would reach an available post. From memory I think there were 4 to each post. It was awful. I would never go there again even if it was

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Glan-Y-mor is a good site at Clarach Bay.

It is predominately static vans but the touring pitches are level and the toilets are well maintained.

There's an excellent club house and shop.

There's a camping field on the cliff top and caravans do go up there, but I'd say it would be quite inhospitable with w westerly blow.

The beach is stony but only five mins walk from the tourers.

The warden we had was very polite and helpfull too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts