Accident damage

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
In the bad weather last year i had some damage to the side of the van caused by the awning poles and had to claim on the insurance for the first time ever. The insurance company and loss adjuster were brilliant, I could not fault them! Then it came to the service and repair center, 6 long months to get the parts excuse after excuse then 2 months to repair, is this the norm or was I just unlucky. If it is the norm why don't the caravan companies have parts more readily available?

Apr 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi David, yes i think this is the normal now days, im just on the bottom rung of the ladder, ive been wating only 9 weeks with not parts delivered as yet. my caravan is a Fleetwood so you can imagin it will be a very long time as they have gone bust. :(

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I had a run-in with some petrol pumps mid-Feb there ( I'll not give you the full story, will just say there was alot of swearing, at myself ! ) and had to put an insurance claim in. We picked the van up from the storage yard at the weekend there, all work done.

We didn't need any new parts though, so it's obviously a supply of parts issue.

Alex.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
just to make you maybe feel better about your experience last sept 08 we was on our way to norfolk and a guy went into the back of our van however it was repairable so through insurance of it went for repair guess what we still have,nt got it and we are now i may we a rung and rung only to be told we are stilla waiting parts the problem we now think is that the parts were,nt ordered until feb 09 why on earth not i don,t know ridiculous my husband and i by now have had weekends and weeks holidays away with our van all we can do is wait we have been told it should be about june it is just all a joke is,nt it jane

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Like all mass produced vehicles, companies do not keep stocks of parts, but order on a day to day bassis.

I have had to deliver door pannels to Landrover, they come staight off the waggon and onto the production line.

As production is more important, you will have to wait till they start on your model again then they will order one extra pannel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
This is the companies that run just in time systems where no stock is required, hence no spare parts for the customer.

Surley the big three should have a spares department and carry certain amounts for customer service.

NigelH

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
It would be nice Nigel, but how many pannels for this years models, how many for last years etc etc.

I am not involved with any caravan company, but I can see that in trying to keep costs down and tying up space it would be imposible to store spare body panels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts