acsi coordinates

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
My wife and I went through Europe last year,
we used the acsi camping books.
The longitude an latitude coordinates was used out of the books seems to be out roughly by
10 miles, this was on every site we visited (6 in total )
We have just received the 2016 acsi books and the coordance seem to be out as well.
Has anyone one else had trouble with acsi coordance. Or is it my satnav????
I bought a new garmen satnav for the trip Last year,2015.

Many thanks A an J.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've not actually used co ordinates as my CC version Snooper has the sites pre loaded. However, when I chose a site on the sat nav it takes me literally to the campsite gate, so can't see how they can be out.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
al143 said:
Hi everyone,
My wife and I went through Europe last year,
we used the acsi camping books.
The longitude an latitude coordinates was used out of the books seems to be out roughly by
10 miles, this was on every site we visited (6 in total )
We have just received the 2016 acsi books and the coordance seem to be out as well.
Has anyone one else had trouble with acsi coordance. Or is it my satnav????
I bought a new garmen satnav for the trip Last year,2015.

Many thanks A an J.

Don't know what model Garmin you have but it looks as though it may be set to the wrong GPS reference. I would suggest you call Garmin who are usually inordinately helpful.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had the new ACSI app and after a second download all seems to be good. All my old favourites ar in the correct places. . But have to pinpoint them as new. Love acsi. .
Hutch.

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the advice,
I will get in touch with garmin,
Though it was a bit odd satnav only getting me in to the area , but nowhere near the site.
just to say its a garmin nuvi 57lm.
Bought it because i was told it will take you to the gatepost,
oups not mine.
Anyway thanks for the input. I bit lost without this site.
A an J

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My sat nav is the snooper s2000n, with tzhe acsi, C&CC, CC, Bord and Camper stop sites all preloaded. Great takes us to all the gatesposts.
Hutch.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I always check the co-ordinates given for camp site locations - checkout these links http://www.findlatitudeandlongitude.com/ or you could use - http://www.dishpointer.com/ also handy if your using a satellite dish.
I've been let down once (my built in sat nav accepts addresses or GPS co-ordinates only),it took me about 20 miles away from the intended destination.The area was the east coast of England - Lincolnshire.
I put it down to the GPS mapping stored in the sat nav.
I was using GPS co-ordinates and when I changed this to the place name it took us right to the door.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Garmin do a dedicated Sat Nav for caravans, model Camper 760 LMT-D, this has all the ACSI, CC & CC&c site in it. All I do is put the area I want to visit and it brings up all the sites within quite a radius of my destination. This is programmed not to take you where you should not go, however as with any Sat Nav you need to use some commonsense to avoid major problems.
I purchased mine from ALDI and got a particularly good deal on it, as it was the last one in the shop. However they were selling it at £199-95 well under the cost of the Snooper which I previously had, with better maps, traffic information and safety camera sites all shown, along with lifetime updates.

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi Hutch,,
After your advice about the satnav ,,snooper,,,
i found it was my garmin satnav out of sync,
So now i have bought a snooper 6000 satnav .
here's hoping! !!!!
Alan & Jackie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
HI Alan & Jackie, on my old Snooper you can set the POI to show campsites, very usefull,, and if touring in Europe combined with the ACSI app on phone or tablet you can find a lot of good site. Dont forget to set width and length of your unit. I PUT IN 2.5 M. Wide AND 10 Length. Only been worried once.
Hutch.

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Hutch,
My satnav was brilliant in the uk , but found in Europe ,, useless ,,
i now know it was the satnav and not the acsi book,
I Googled a lot about snooper ,
Amazed by what it can do .
We are planning on going to Europe this year so hopefully we can get to the site's on one go ,

Alan & Jackie.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The only fault, is the input codes, ID10T, (Idiot), had a few failures on my behalf. Have fun. Switzerland March for a week, No Van :( , then July for 6/8 weeks France , then Woosie fest September. :woohoo:
Hutch.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts