Adria Adora push fit T leak in awkward place

Apr 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi 2015 Adria Adora, 3rd spot now in past 18 months that one of the 12mm push fit T junctions has sprung a leak. Last 2 in accessible places and able to push them back in. This latest one is extremely inaccessible and is in a 3inch gap behind the Thetford toilet and the back of the van. I can’t see any way of getting to it even by cutting a hole in the side . I can just reach it with one arm by peeling back a bit of trim at the back of the toilet and squeezing my arm down but I can’t seem to remove it clear and wonder if I’ve actually got to remove all the trim surrounding the loo to do it?! The bathroom is a sealed wet room type. Picture is of the panel in question.

If it’s a complete removal it may be beyond my diy capabilities this time.

I really can’t understand why on earth a push fit T junction would be hidden behind an inaccessible fixture and panel.

Any thoughts and advice gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG_6787.jpeg
    IMG_6787.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

JRT

May 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi 2015 Adria Adora, 3rd spot now in past 18 months that one of the 12mm push fit T junctions has sprung a leak. Last 2 in accessible places and able to push them back in. This latest one is extremely inaccessible and is in a 3inch gap behind the Thetford toilet and the back of the van. I can’t see any way of getting to it even by cutting a hole in the side . I can just reach it with one arm by peeling back a bit of trim at the back of the toilet and squeezing my arm down but I can’t seem to remove it clear and wonder if I’ve actually got to remove all the trim surrounding the loo to do it?! The bathroom is a sealed wet room type. Picture is of the panel in question.

If it’s a complete removal it may be beyond my diy capabilities this time.

I really can’t understand why on earth a push fit T junction would be hidden behind an inaccessible fixture and panel.

Any thoughts and advice gratefully received.

Very common unfortunately. All the wiring and pipework is for ease of manufacture fitted prior to the installation of the caravan side walls and cabinets and fittings. Consideration is rarely given to retrospective repairs.

Possibly best entrusted to a dealer.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi Andimac and welcome.

Try looking at YouTube, you may find the ‘secrets’ of removing the toilet trim and making it more accessible.

John

Apr 7, 2022
Visit site
Uodate- big boy pants on, yanked the trim out, was either going to snap apart as screwed behind or come out- luckily scenario 2!. I’m going to cut a hole in the support timber frame behind to access the t junction and the use straight John Geest connections to extend the pipe work out to fix a John Geest T on the outside of the bathroom (under bed next to it) figure this is a better spot to have a junction. Looking at advice online I’ll fit the rigid plastic inserts in the end of each piece and then put a c collar on for good measure. I really don’t want any of these junctions coming apart again. I guess after 9 years the o rings inside all of the original junctions may be failing?.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Uodate- big boy pants on, yanked the trim out, was either going to snap apart as screwed behind or come out- luckily scenario 2!. I’m going to cut a hole in the support timber frame behind to access the t junction and the use straight John Geest connections to extend the pipe work out to fix a John Geest T on the outside of the bathroom (under bed next to it) figure this is a better spot to have a junction. Looking at advice online I’ll fit the rigid plastic inserts in the end of each piece and then put a c collar on for good measure. I really don’t want any of these junctions coming apart again. I guess after 9 years the o rings inside all of the original junctions may be failing?.
You are correct. There seems to be an idea from caravan manufacturers that the ferrules or inserts are not needed. But belts and braces make sense. Pleased you got into the issue.

John

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Unlucky but as JLT says caravans are designed in the easiest way to build and these problems result from that. I suspect it could happen with most makes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts