Aftermarket TPMS system.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
resized_603c1a91-1fe4-416e-92e8-654689fbb59a.jpg

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ah, you must have posted whilst i was uploading. I had discounbted those holes because they are far larger than the diameter of the legs.

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Regarding the temperature question, if the monitor can measure the ambient air temperature, and has a history of the tyre pressures from that ambient temp, I imagine it would not be difficult for the device to extrapolate the tyre temp if there is a steady pressure increase.

Also regarding adding trailer TPMS sensors to built-in car systems, not all car use an in-tyre sensor. They can measure the tyre health using the rotation of the wheel; this only gives a green/red status to the driver and can give false positives.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Finally got round to fitting mine today, at least to the cars tyres. First, I would say for any layman thinking of this, the job to fit and setup couldnt be easier. What I noticed at first use, that even on a very short test run, the pressures, not so much the temperature even on a hot day, went up rather quickly and higher than I would have expected. Im not sure how much difference the different types, makes and rubber compounds of different tyres make. As an example, I am running on BF Goodrich AT tyres, which are just a little short of full mud plugggers, and with 35 PSi in the rears and 32PSI in the front, after a relatively slow journey of 5 miles I was reading 39 and 35/6 respectively. Worth noting that the %age increase was higher in the front drive wheels, wonder how much difference the caravan will make to the rears. Its certainly an interesting thing to watch and basically learn what is happening.

It makes you wonder too, how much use infalting to the manufacturers pressure is when there is such a difference running.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Finally got round to fitting mine today, at least to the cars tyres. First, I would say for any layman thinking of this, the job to fit and setup couldnt be easier. What I noticed at first use, that even on a very short test run, the pressures, not so much the temperature even on a hot day, went up rather quickly and higher than I would have expected. Im not sure how much difference the different types, makes and rubber compounds of different tyres make. As an example, I am running on BF Goodrich AT tyres, which are just a little short of full mud plugggers, and with 35 PSi in the rears and 32PSI in the front, after a relatively slow journey of 5 miles I was reading 39 and 35/6 respectively. Worth noting that the %age increase was higher in the front drive wheels, wonder how much difference the caravan will make to the rears. Its certainly an interesting thing to watch and basically learn what is happening.

It makes you wonder too, how much use infalting to the manufacturers pressure is when there is such a difference running.
When I fitted my Pajero with 33 inch BFG MT on 15 inch rims I was outside of the makers tyre pressure recommendations. So searching around and talking to off roaders in LROC in UK and Oz a rule of thumb was to inflate to wha you think should be okay based on tyre type and vehicle weight. Then take it fir a run at up to 50 mph and check the tyres immediately on return. A 5psi increase would be expected if the cold inflation pressure was about right. This was for road running, when off road the tyres ran cooler or at times would be dropped in pressure depending on conditions. So yours are spot on and reflect the correct cold pressures as recommended by MitsubishI.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The tyre pressures I noted on my caravan went fro 65 psi to 74 psi normally, temps rose by about 6 to 9 c above ambient temps. The max pressure on tyres are when cold, so don't worry about what you see on the tyre pal, done about 4 k miles with mine now. And really happy to have a visual indication on whats happening.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I use the sucker mount in the lower right hand side of my windsceen. . Caravan SatNave goes to the middle of the screen, and rear view camera for the caravan, below the dash in a central cubbie hole.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, after a couple of weeks of using the Tyrepal system, it seems OK except for one little drawback. What a faff it is when changing the pressure in the tyres for towing. If I have one regret, I would have gone for the internal sensors and stood the cost of having them fitted. Having to get the spanner out everytime I wnat to change pressures is a pain. I will stick with the system, but as and when I need new tyres, Ill have the internals fitted.,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well, after a couple of weeks of using the Tyrepal system, it seems OK except for one little drawback. What a faff it is when changing the pressure in the tyres for towing. If I have one regret, I would have gone for the internal sensors and stood the cost of having them fitted. Having to get the spanner out everytime I wnat to change pressures is a pain. I will stick with the system, but as and when I need new tyres, Ill have the internals fitted.,
I suppose that also means a faff when depressurising tyres when you’ve unhitched the van after arrival on site.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why bother with using the locking nut while towing? Leave it off and only put it on when you are not towing.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Fair point! Though I would hate for one to work loose and lose it, the price of those things.
Should okay if you tighten hand tight as if it is the valve cap. We have not lost one yet. I think it will take a lot more than a 300 mile trip to loosen right off and you can always check when you stop. I assume you are only referring to the ones on the rear wheels of the car?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On our Shogun we never inflated the front, only the rear, but as you say a right PITA. We had no issues not inflating the front.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts